1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tuxedo pro x15 on 2020 tundra with rails

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by My 2020, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Jan 20, 2020 at 7:29 PM
    My 2020

My 2020 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 tundra platinum
    I just installed my truxedo pro x15 on my 2020 tundra with deck rails. I had interference issues with the front deck rail. I had to trim the handle used on the front quick release system. No big deal. I talked to the company and they seemed to have never seen this problem before. Just curious if it happened to anyone else.

2. Jan 21, 2020 at 5:53 AM
    Mountaineer

Mountaineer New Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Platinum
    I installed mine a couple of months ago and no issues with front rail. The only issue, if you can call it one, was adding some spacers on the clamps.

3. Feb 12, 2020 at 3:27 PM
    Tumbler

Tumbler New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 CrewMax Limited HV in MGM
    Just did mine the other day and had a similar issue to what you are describing. After some messing around with it I determined it was because the cover side rails were not level. Going into the install I knew about the need to shim under the rail clamps to get the rails level but I didn't have anything on hand so I continued on figuring I would add the shims later. In order to get the front quick release clamps to engage the side rails I had to pull up on the side rail to level and then it went in no problem. The next day I made spacers for the clamps using some 1/4" aluminum bar. Once I got those in the side rails were perfectly level and I tested the quick release latches and no problems. So it was totally a result of the levelness of the side rails. Overall I love the cover but this deficiency in the design of the clamping system really should be addressed by Truxedo.

4. Feb 12, 2020 at 3:46 PM
    My 2020

My 2020 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 tundra platinum
    There must be something different about my cover or my truck. I also put shims to level my rails and there is no way it would have fit without trimming the quick release. I acctually put 3/4 plywood spacers under the end of the clamps. This doesn't look as good but does provide better leverage and more pressure on the rail. I can't imagine why truxedo did not make the clamps longer with a little piece of rubber on the end. They have clamps like this on other installs.

5. Apr 2, 2020 at 11:45 AM
    Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Frederick Md.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited crewmax
    linex bed Truxedo Pro F-15 Tonneau,Weathertech mats,TRD exhaust,Matt Geckco bed lights,hood light,shorty antenna, all LED lights inside, Fomoto oil drain valve,
    I've had mine on since last Xmas no prob. here. send pics when u get time,thx

6. May 4, 2020 at 3:28 AM
    19TundraBML

19TundraBML New Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 white tundra trd sport cm
    Hey guys, question for you since this seems to be the most recent post on pro x15. I just installed my pro x15 and I'm having issues with the tension screws so I looked up videos and it seems mine is different from everyone else's. My tension screws are located by the bulk head front of the bed and push against the bar that latches to the rails. The lever in the back by the tail gate has no adjustments or screws to change the tension. Everyone I see has two black screws that press against the front bar then the tension screws are part of the rear latching system by the tail gate. When I tighten my screws pushing the bar forward it pops the bar put of place so nothing seems to be right. Is anyone else's the same as mine?

7. May 5, 2020 at 6:11 PM
    Mountaineer

Mountaineer New Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Platinum
    Mine is made like yours, with the tension screws located at the front of the bed. Do you have the tension set too tight?

8. May 6, 2020 at 12:42 AM
    19TundraBML

19TundraBML New Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    I messed around with the tension multiple times and whenever I rolled the cover up the rail would shift out of place. I followed the guide on the side I tried medium tension and light tension with the same results.. i also noticed with the tension against the rail it was pushing the black side clips against the front bed rail which I didn't like. Truxedo told me this is their new design and I'm not impressed ups picked mine up yesterday

9. May 6, 2020 at 10:14 AM
    Mountaineer

Mountaineer New Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM Platinum
    Sorry to hear you had to send it back. Sounds like the front the cover wasn't locking into the side rails correctly. Mine was little hard to slide the lock/latch mechanism into the side rails, but I think that had more to do with side rails not being level. I do like my cover, but they could make some improvements to make the installation easier and it fit better.

10. May 6, 2020 at 10:38 AM
    19TundraBML

19TundraBML New Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    Yes no biggie I think I'll be happier with a tri fold anyways was just trying to save some money. What I belive they need to add is some sort of slotted pin hole that the rail goes into so when the cover is rolled up the tension screws push the rail against a stop. I think the issue i was having was that even though the black clips were slid under the rails there was nothing stopping the rail from shifting out of place forward toward the cab. I do think the angle of the side rails doesn't help which they could make better clamps for the "rail system" to fix that. But anyways thank you for the input and my apologies for the rant. Love my tundra and thats all that matters :rofl:

11. May 6, 2020 at 12:06 PM
    DIYDad

DIYDad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra 1794
    No interference on my x15. I installed in early March. I've been very happy with the cover so far.

Products Discussed in

To Top