1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra Transmission Cooler Lines

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by brandostundra, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Feb 1, 2023 at 10:07 AM
    brandostundra

brandostundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    2016 Tundra 4x4 with tow package, I have the factory transmission cooler in front of my radiator.

I plan on doing a transmission fluid exchange.
    After draining and re filling what comes out of the pan, I wanted to disconnect 1 of the trans cooler lines to extract a few qts at a time (re filling the transmission case a few qts at a time as well , engine on / off) until the new fluid starts to come out of the trans cooler line.

Will most likely remove the front grill since the cooler lines are right there coming throught the front radiator support.

Id like to pick the line after the fluid goes through the cooler, so im exchanging the fluid in the cooler as well
    Does anyone know which of the 2 lines to open up to access the oil after its passed through the cooler?
    The pic attached is one I found on the internet that shows the same lines I have.

IMG_9753.jpg

2. Feb 4, 2023 at 5:25 PM
    FIFTY50

FIFTY50 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra 4X4 SR5
    none
    The top hose on the left side is your return to tranny after cooler. I did my today with AMSOIL. Remove that hose and use 3/8 hose, slide on aluminum barb fitting start truck and it pumps through your hose to your catch can pan. Good luck. It is temp sensitive for proper fill. If you have a way to read transmission temp. It’s easy. Look at some videos Here’s one I used. https://youtu.be/cutlJH5KR2Y

Products Discussed in

To Top