1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra popping and creaking HELP

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Kalashnikov 47, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Jun 5, 2019 at 8:20 AM
    Kalashnikov 47

Kalashnikov 47 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sr5 double cab gang
    I have a 2015 tundra pro, that is creaking and popping and cracking when I turn my steering wheel all the way left and right, or when i go up or down my driveway, Ive checked everything that I know to the best of my knowledge, the lower and up control arms, the cv joints, the boots, even the skid plate, the struts, the inner and outer tie rods but i havent checked my brakes yet... Im literally out of ideas. Fast forward a week i took my tundra into the dealership and they dont know... Now i have 500$ worth of diagnostic and my truck isnt fixed.... Please help me...

2. Jun 5, 2019 at 8:23 AM
    scpete24

scpete24 Duuuuuuude

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Pro Super White
    You need to get spacers for your skid plate. Common problem with the pro skid plate. Mine as well as many others did the same thing. Dealership should install free of charge.

Edit: I know you said you checked the skid plate but if you pull it down you will see where it is making contact. I had the spacers installed and even put some pieces of rubber where it was contacting the front cross member and its quiet as can be now. I know your frustration, it made the truck sound like it was 20 years old

Kalashnikov 47[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 5, 2019 at 8:26 AM
    Kalashnikov 47

Kalashnikov 47 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sr5 double cab gang
    Do you by any chance know the torque specs for the nuts and bolts for the skid plates? Id usually do the research but im so frustrated right now

4. Jun 5, 2019 at 8:28 AM
    scpete24

scpete24 Duuuuuuude

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Pro Super White
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/popping-noise-in-front-end.21679/

That guy ^^ having the same issue and it found it to be the skid plate as well. I do not know the torque specs off the top of my head, I'm sure someone else will chime in and let you know

edit: Looks like @TundraPRO-36 says its 38 ft-lbs

Products Discussed in

To Top