1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra delivery to dealership is delayed. Anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by SeanO86, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Feb 23, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    SeanO86

SeanO86 [OP] Live Slow. Die Whenever.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Tundra TRD Off Road - Cement
    Fox 2.5 w/Resis +1 CB Shackles SPC UCA Alcan 750lb springs - +1" lift 3" Front : 1.65" Rear to level Toyo ATII 35s Icon Six Speed +25 offset Wheelers Superbumps Chrome delete ARE Z Topper w/ Thule rails Pinsu Topper rack RTT - Tepui Autana Ruggedized 3
    I recently arranged to purchase a 2018 Tundra SR5 with the SR5 upgrade package, TRD Off Road Package, and spray on bed liner addition. The truck was scheduled to be built the first few days of February and scheduled delivery on Feb 12th to the dealer. The truck was built and shipped by rail on time and arrived a week and a half ago to Colorado where I live. everything seemed to be on time, but for some reason Toyota put my truck on hold at the Toyota port in Denver last Monday (the 12th)...we're not sure exactly why, but the rep said that it's most likely to add the TRD off road and bedliner addons, which is understandable. Only problem now is that it's been nearly 2 weeks they've delayed my delivery and we have no idea when they're going to release my truck from the Toyota port in Denver for delivery to the dealership.

Has anyone else experienced this when they purchased their Tundra?

I'm now regretting getting the TRD off road pkg and bedliner addon as that's probably the reason for the delay and I could have probably just gotten better stuff aftermarket... I would normally just tell them I want to purchase another truck, but I really want the Cement color which is very hard to come by and not really in stock.

DalTee and Y0TA PR0 like this.
  2. Feb 23, 2018 at 9:09 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    I've not experienced it with Toyota, but ya pretty normal across the industry.

3. Feb 23, 2018 at 9:11 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    ...I've seen vehicles get held up at the VPC's for months. Not what you wanna hear, I know. But, it isn't beyond the pale.

4. Feb 23, 2018 at 9:23 AM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation
    Posted this in the recent recall thread...

Dealer just called me today saying my truck is in FI (freight inspection). My truck was built about the same time as yours. They are holding mine for the recall. Likely a mid to late March delivery now.

I like your color choice as well :) .

Black Wolf likes this.
  5. Feb 23, 2018 at 9:27 AM
    Y0TA PR0

Y0TA PR0 Dirt biking & fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Rafael
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO
    Welcome!

6. Feb 23, 2018 at 9:51 AM
    SeanO86

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Fox 2.5 w/Resis +1 CB Shackles SPC UCA Alcan 750lb springs - +1" lift 3" Front : 1.65" Rear to level Toyo ATII 35s Icon Six Speed +25 offset Wheelers Superbumps Chrome delete ARE Z Topper w/ Thule rails Pinsu Topper rack RTT - Tepui Autana Ruggedized 3
    I was hoping that wasn't the case! just read that thread. It seems like the Toyota Port here in Denver has no idea what's going on. They just keep telling the dealer that they dont know why our vehicle is on hold...frustrating for the dealer and I. getting tired of sharing 1 vehicle (4 Runner) with my wife right now haha.

7. Feb 23, 2018 at 10:28 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I thought TRD OR was a factory option not a port option. If you look at what you get with a TRD it makes no sense for it to be port. any of the add on options like steps, bedliner, etc I understand. I know at the dealer I bought from the step rails ship lose. My truck has factory/port steps but they had not been installed. That was fine by me because I did not want anyway.

TheBeast likes this.
  8. Feb 23, 2018 at 10:39 AM
    SeanO86

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    nice my in laws live in Fate, TX in woodcreek.

yea I agree with you. the TRD OR susp and skid plates i would imagine should get done at the factory. only add on I got was bedliner, but jeez how long does that take to do...certainly not 2 weeks.

my rep just told me that Toyota was reflashing some Tundras, but that only took like 20 mins. wasn't necessarily a recall.

9. Feb 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
    This happened to a friends Ford when it was damaged in shipping. The dealer tried to hide it too.

But the recall needing to be done makes sense in this case.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  10. Feb 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Fate is a growing city. I drive right by Woodcreek on the way to the lake.

11. Feb 23, 2018 at 10:45 AM
    Borgs

Borgs New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Crew TRD Off-Road
    Pro Grill and Bulge TRD sway BAK MX4 Tonneau
    It’s worth the wait brother! Hang in there!

12. Feb 24, 2018 at 6:49 PM
    jHpowderhound

jHpowderhound New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Jackson Wyoming
    I also have a cement DC limited TRD on order. It was supposed to be built on the 7th of February and be delivered next week. Now the dealer says it was some problem and he has a new order for a build on the 27th and delivery mid to end of March. I’m not too happy. Lift ,tires and wheels got here this last Tuesday. Maybe some recall on the TSS?

Eric

13. Feb 26, 2018 at 8:54 AM
    SeanO86

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    what was the problem with your order? Did it get built/shipped or was it just never built? mine was built and shipped by rail to the destination city, but it's sitting here on hold at the toyota port for reasons unknown.

14. Feb 26, 2018 at 9:03 AM
    SeanO86

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:

Did your dealer ever tell you what the recall was on your truck? My rep said that there's effectively no recall right now on new Tundras. While there might be software updates that need to be done, those can be completed in 20 minutes or so and dont cause a massive hold up at Freight Inspection/Port/Railhead. He said when there's a recall they literally stop selling trucks at the dealership until those recalls have been fixed and that's not the case right now as they're still selling trucks and their inventory/service depts have not been informed on a stop sell order due to recall. They've also consistently received Tundra deliveries over this whole timeline, so if there was a recall they wouldn't be getting new trucks in stock.

15. Feb 26, 2018 at 9:17 AM
    SeanO86

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    That's a good idea. I've definitely thought of that and have been contemplating asking them to loan me one. Only problem I see there is that I haven't actually paid for my truck yet as a family member that works at the dealership basically ordered it for me through their scheduling system that shows which trucks are going to be delivered in the coming weeks/months. I'll see what they say.

16. Feb 26, 2018 at 9:20 AM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
    Welcome from eastern CO man! Sorry to hear about your issues with getting your truck. I agree with @RowdyRon, lean on the dealership for a loaner until yours is delivered.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  17. Feb 26, 2018 at 9:58 AM
    SeanO86

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    No, I didn't have to pay anything to order the truck since it was a family deal.

18. Feb 26, 2018 at 11:36 AM
    jHpowderhound

jHpowderhound New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Jackson Wyoming
    The sales manager just said there was an issue and claimed he didn’t know why. I guess it doesn’t really matter as it won’t be here for awhile anyway. It is frustrating though.

I guess I’ll find out more in a few days if it really is getting built tomorrow. I should know more on Wednesday. Let me know what you find out.

Eric

Black Wolf likes this.
  19. Mar 1, 2018 at 3:30 AM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation

When he called he said my truck is in FI due to the recent recall...and then went on to explain the recall (even though I already was aware of it). He spoke a little more on the recall and how the yaw sensor is important...and that the recall will address/fix the issue.... then finally said my delivery date was going to be pushed.

I've purchased like 4 vehicles off the same guy and I trust him. I can only take his word on it and wait for the truck.... Not like there is a truck in the color and options I want on a lot anywhere in my area so I pretty much have to trust him and wait... I also put a $500 deposit on the truck so I already have cash out of pocket for the truck.

In the meantime I've managed to stash and hide multiple items in my home for when my truck eventually does arrive :) .

Black Wolf likes this.
  20. Mar 1, 2018 at 5:14 PM
    jHpowderhound

jHpowderhound New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Jackson Wyoming
    I called my sales manager today and he’s said my truck was built but that it wouldn’t be to the dealership until the 22nd-28th.
    Still another month to wait.

Eric

21. Mar 1, 2018 at 6:11 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Toyota is at maximum capacity on tundras and they just cant build them any faster. They build in a way that is the most efficient for them, not you. They are heavily into lean and JIT mfg...BUT.. far as i know they are planning on building a factory in meHeco...yep mexico! which i think sucks ass.
    Same problem when i ordered mine a couple years ago... almost 3 month run-a-round..dealership sucked balls at communicating with me so eventually i cancelld the order and ended up getting my exact truck two weeks later from another dealer for $3k less!

22. Mar 2, 2018 at 4:10 AM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation
    Updated - Dealer left voice mail last night. It's been released and should be arriving sometime next week. Unfortunately...I'll be traveling and won't be able to get it until the following week.

I fine with that. I really didn't want the new truck in the snow/salt and going a bit further into March not an issue for me (granted...snow is still possible until April here in PA...).

NewImprovedRon and Black Wolf like this.
  23. Mar 2, 2018 at 4:20 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    That is good news! Maybe you can convince dealer to add some TRD goodies for the delay. Can't hurt.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  24. Mar 2, 2018 at 5:08 AM
    ninjajay

ninjajay Posting from the toilet

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Spoolston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM 1794 TRD 4x4
    Toytec/Radflo Lift, Ambit RS02 18x9+0, Bridgestone Revo 3 295/70/18
    I ordered a tundra that got damaged at the distributor, ended up getting a different truck

25. Mar 2, 2018 at 10:11 AM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation
    I've already emailed my rep and somewhat suggested I get a disco on the TRD pro-suspension/LineX/TRD rear sway installation :) . To his credit he's asking the service manager for me.

26. Mar 6, 2018 at 10:38 AM
    SeanO86

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Mine was finally delivered. I guess the railhead/port in Denver had 600+ Tundras on 'hold' for whatever reason.

Products Discussed in

To Top