1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSS Sensor Grill Emblem options

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by KShoosier913, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Apr 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM
    KShoosier913

KShoosier913 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Leavenworth, KS
    Vehicle:
    2019 Limited Crewmax TRD Off Road
    Chrome Delete bumper caps, mirror caps, door handles, badging and grill. Honeycomb style grill with color matched surround and bulge. Window and taillight tinting
    What options are available to cover/blackout the TSS sensor grill emblem OTHER THAN opting for the TRD Pro Grille? Decals? Aftermarket emblem inserts compatible with TSS System? There is surely some type of solution other than the Pro Grille.

2. Apr 22, 2019 at 7:59 PM
    Tundra9831

Tundra9831 New Member

Member:
    nothing is truly compatible or acceptable from Toyota's point of view. You may be able to make something work as many other folks have, but it may alter the performance of the TSS System and Toyota won't perform the related recalls etc.

3. Apr 22, 2019 at 8:00 PM
    KShoosier913

KShoosier913 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Leavenworth, KS
    Vehicle:
    2019 Limited Crewmax TRD Off Road
    Chrome Delete bumper caps, mirror caps, door handles, badging and grill. Honeycomb style grill with color matched surround and bulge. Window and taillight tinting
    What have others done? I’ve found VERY little info. I just refuse to believe the idea that there isn’t any possible solution lol

4. Apr 22, 2019 at 8:12 PM
    Tundra9831

Tundra9831 New Member

Member:
    I guy name ARES made a cover that he sells....search and you can find it. Other folks have 3d printed covers and share the files....search and you can find those too. The most legit way is to buy a TRD pro grill, Toyota cover $$$ have it installed and calibrated at Toyota. That being said they may not even do that for you now with the current recall on the system. Mine is stock so going in for the recall in the coming weeks, but part of me wants to ask them if they will throw on the new TRD grill and Toyota cover and recalibrate appropriately if I buy the parts from them. I'm thinking they will say no so not even sure I'll ask.

5. Jun 4, 2019 at 5:56 PM
    phogallen

phogallen My Last Mid-Life Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black 1794 Fusion Edition
    TRD Pro Grill, front bumper end caps, mirror caps and door handles blacked out. ATC Cap, Cap Pack 6 Gun Drawer, LED lights in CAP, Rhino rails on top, 12 volt accessory plugs. Weathertech floor mats, after market antenae. 45 Ceramic tint film to driver and passenger door. Coachbuilder shims ,+2 shackles, steering kit, bumper shims, Bora 1.25 wheel spacers Bilstein 5100's on mid setting. BW flares with blacked out Route 66 screws. Gloss black powder coated OEM rims and Cooper 295/70/18 Cooper ST MAXX. Tech12Volt sound system upgrade...JL C2's doors and C1's on dash, 5 channel JL amp, 2 10inch subs in custom box and DSR1 sound processor...Soundskins in doors and back wall. Trunk and body badges removed. Powder coated tow hooks red. Linex bed lining front bra film and flares along with full ceramic coat. Ceramic Pro interior plus windshield treatment. Toyota running boards and TRD anti sway bars in front and rear along with blacked out exhaust tip. TRD door latch cover plates. Full VLED light upgrade puddle, license, interior added footwell plus rear tail light brake, reverse. Added ASM turn signal LED's in front. OPT 7 tailgate light in red. Baja Design amber squadrons wc in front and SR2 Pro's in amber on rear bumper. Filmed reverse light in back, added red shackle on tow hitch and new license plate in front. Custom painted badge on tailgate. 3M crystalline on windshield and sunroof. Ceramic window film on rear seat windows. Added dirty deeds 8 inch stainless and summit racing dual tip. Soundproofed floor with foam and mass loaded vinyl. Black Bedslide added to bed.
    For what it is worth i swapped my grill out for trd pro with ARES cover and they did the recall work...have no idea if they recalibrated. doubt it since they turned it off because i had a lift and bigger tires.

6. Aug 14, 2019 at 5:58 PM
    phogallen

phogallen My Last Mid-Life Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black 1794 Fusion Edition
    TRD Pro Grill, front bumper end caps, mirror caps and door handles blacked out. ATC Cap, Cap Pack 6 Gun Drawer, LED lights in CAP, Rhino rails on top, 12 volt accessory plugs. Weathertech floor mats, after market antenae. 45 Ceramic tint film to driver and passenger door. Coachbuilder shims ,+2 shackles, steering kit, bumper shims, Bora 1.25 wheel spacers Bilstein 5100's on mid setting. BW flares with blacked out Route 66 screws. Gloss black powder coated OEM rims and Cooper 295/70/18 Cooper ST MAXX. Tech12Volt sound system upgrade...JL C2's doors and C1's on dash, 5 channel JL amp, 2 10inch subs in custom box and DSR1 sound processor...Soundskins in doors and back wall. Trunk and body badges removed. Powder coated tow hooks red. Linex bed lining front bra film and flares along with full ceramic coat. Ceramic Pro interior plus windshield treatment. Toyota running boards and TRD anti sway bars in front and rear along with blacked out exhaust tip. TRD door latch cover plates. Full VLED light upgrade puddle, license, interior added footwell plus rear tail light brake, reverse. Added ASM turn signal LED's in front. OPT 7 tailgate light in red. Baja Design amber squadrons wc in front and SR2 Pro's in amber on rear bumper. Filmed reverse light in back, added red shackle on tow hitch and new license plate in front. Custom painted badge on tailgate. 3M crystalline on windshield and sunroof. Ceramic window film on rear seat windows. Added dirty deeds 8 inch stainless and summit racing dual tip. Soundproofed floor with foam and mass loaded vinyl. Black Bedslide added to bed.
    ARES price drop to $80.00

Products Discussed in

To Top