1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck in the shop...:(

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by kittyhawk, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Aug 27, 2020 at 2:21 PM
    kittyhawk

kittyhawk [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston/Buffalo Texas!!!!
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4
    6112/5160. Ranchhand rear bumper and Valhallas Shields.
    Well since Houston got spared from Laura I decided I can’t wait any longer and put my Tundra in the shop. I’ve got 111,xxx miles and started having steering issues. Luckily I’ve got extended warranty till 125,000 miles.
    I started getting weird vibes in the steering wheel that would come and go. Id feel it going straight at different speeds but when cornering itd go away. A popping noise when applying the brakes at really low speeds going forwards and backwards. The blower started squealing making a Really high pitch On medium speed right at my hearing limits, but driving my wife nuts. I’ve had to replace my left head light four times and another one went out last week. Other than those issues it’s been Flawless so far. I hope to get all the front end issues worked out so I can put 6112/5160 on it next month.

Update: Spoke to the service guy today and he says it the tires, they are Brand new and I had them rebalancing on Monday just to make sure it wasn’t a tire issue before I took it in. I asked about the vibration going away when turning and he’s still it’s the tires... Next he said nothing wrong with the brakes, it’s normal for the pads to move back and fourth and make a popping sound, even Toyota pads. How come my wife’s 4Runner doesn’t do that??? As for the blower motor no noise there it’s good... and He was my problem is after market Headlight bulbs, well how about the three factory Toyota bulbs I replaced before switching to aftermarket ones.... Nothing, he couldn’t explain it. So now I out the Diagnostic fees for a new bulb and nothing fixed. Toyota is slowly pushing me back to a SuperDuty.....

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top