1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck Got broken Into

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kenomouth64, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Jul 2, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    kenomouth64

kenomouth64 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Sr5 4x4 (TRD Off Road) Crewmax 5.7L
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
    Well, this past weekend was going great until I walked out of my hotel room to see my back window busted out. The thieves stole my handgun, and that is all oddly. My guess is it was a "smash and grab", that would explain why none of my tools, dash cam, etc were taken as well.

There were four other vehicles within 100 ft of mine which also got broken into.

I hate thieves!

Any advice on what could serve as a security control for this in the future. I was thinking I could rig up my dash cameras to run even when the truck is off.

Then I might remove my "Caution K9" stickers and "3%er" stickers as they likely serve as a beacon to potential thieves.

IMG_20190630_081135.jpg
    IMG_20190630_081148.jpg

2. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:05 AM
    Vr0ck

Vr0ck New Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2016 5.7 MGM DC 4x4
    Toytec Boss C/O, Toytec Shackles, 5160s, nfab step bars, 8" BAMuffler, OVTune, AuxBeam LEDs, Vahalla protection plates
    Damn sorry to hear this happen to you.

Effin thieves.

3. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM
    shakezoola

shakezoola Not a new member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport MGM
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    "Smash and grab" would imply that the thieves could see something they wanted in the car. I'd hope that the firearm was not in plain sight and unsecured. I'm not surprised that nothing else was taken, since any firearm would be a jackpot for any low-life individual. They can either sell them for a decent amount of cash, or use it in future robberies.

What part of the country did this occur?

Major likes this.
  4. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    Duneflyer

Duneflyer MGM is the light at the end of the tunnel

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Yuma AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 edition Crewmax 4x4
    Nitro 4:88 gear package with locker in rearend, Procomp 6" lift, mid travel arms, with devers on back, Fox 2.5 coilovers
    My dash cam is set to record once the alarm goes off. But in this situation, the alarm may not trigger. Sorry bud. I have had this exact thing happen to me as well.

5. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    WAtundra4x4

WAtundra4x4 Retired from active retirement.

Member:
    First Name:
    Den
    Wet side WA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tundra TRD crewmax limited
    Forward looking camera, Stub Antenna, 3M clearshield. A few other non lifted items.
    Center console safe for your gun. I use it for my registration paperwork and wallet also.

6. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:18 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Totally blows. Losing that hand gun sucks. Security control is tough. If someone wants to smash and grab, they will. For me....I never leave my handgun in my truck overnight. The only time I have any firearms in my truck is when going hunting or target shooting.Too damn many thieves out there.

tAcomaPueblo, Jimes, JoshuaA and 2 others like this.
  7. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    Duneflyer

Duneflyer MGM is the light at the end of the tunnel

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Yuma AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 edition Crewmax 4x4
    Nitro 4:88 gear package with locker in rearend, Procomp 6" lift, mid travel arms, with devers on back, Fox 2.5 coilovers
    Looking at your pics, I notice it doesnt look like your windows are tinted. I know its a pain to see at night sometimes, but tint the hell out of them. If they cant see inside, they may pass on the smash.

8. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:24 AM
    Lesroadking

Lesroadking New Member

Member:
    Doral, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Toyota Tundra Trd Pro
    Diamondback SE Cover, Interior LEDS, Wet Okole Seat Covers,
    That suck. My truck came with the factory safe in it.

9. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:35 AM
    DividedSky

DividedSky New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    '18 Crewmax - ADS Mid Travel
    ADS 2.5's (rear bypass) U748 Leaf Springs
    While I in no way blame you for having your truck broken into (that is 100% on the thief), I am disheartened to hear that you had a fire-arm in there that could be taken.

TheBeast, Moon Puppy, Fireace and 3 others like this.
  10. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:39 AM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    Sorry to hear. Thieves suck. Karma will get them soon enough.

tinman10101, Black Wolf and Law323 like this.
  11. Jul 2, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    Ps3udonymous

Ps3udonymous Who is the smart ass that changed the title?

Member:
    Probably common knowledge, but if not done already definitely report the gun stolen

Black Wolf and kenomouth64[OP] like this.
  12. Jul 2, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    BestGen

BestGen Free Kyle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Haunted Turnbull Canyon CA
    Vehicle:
    '05 RCLB, 2UZ-FE, 4wd / '88 4RNR XTE 22RE/W56/RF1A
    Fabtech 2.5" coilovers, BFG KO2 34/10.5/17, 17x7.5 TE wheels, add-a-leaves, 4.56 gears, Rhino-lined
    Thieves!:fenforcer:
    Sorry to hear about this. I've had two trucks stolen. :censored:

13. Jul 2, 2019 at 10:12 AM
    Nonmoon

Nonmoon New Member

Member:
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tundra Limited
    Same thing happened to me last year. Our apt complex had 26 (trucks only) broken into all in one night. The thieves were looking for guns. Our courtesy officer left his handgun in his truck and it was stolen. I've never seen police arrive to a scene so quickly lol. Few things are lower than scum who steal.

14. Jul 2, 2019 at 11:58 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Man I hate thieves!
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. Had someone try to pop my lock a couple years ago and scratched up my side panel to shreds.

That’s when I stopped leaving my gun in my truck. Now I carry it in everywhere I go unless I know I’m going into a gun free zone, then I don’t bring it.
    (Don’t have a center console, just a bench seat)

15. Jul 2, 2019 at 11:59 AM
    kenomouth64

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
    Oh, that makes sense. No they definitely didn't see the gun as it was in the center console (Still not the best place for it, I wish I would have remembered to bring it into the hotel). Since they hit other vehicles the exact same way, it might have just been a numbers game.

It happened in Tulsa, OK. I have always disliked Tulsa, every time I am there, something like this happens.

nvrgvup444 likes this.
  16. Jul 2, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Why am i always reading about guys here getting their guns stolen out of their trucks..smh

TheBeast, Pudge, P-Factor and 4 others like this.
  17. Jul 2, 2019 at 1:07 PM
    markg

markg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD
    Were your dash cams on and recording at the time ?

18. Jul 2, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    Why would you leave a gun unsecured in a hotel parking lot? Just why? Everyone knows hotels are prime targets for thieves. Why not bring it into your room? That's what I do when I stay in a hotel.

19. Jul 2, 2019 at 1:15 PM
    cmiller219

cmiller219 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement CM Tundra
    Damn this freakin sucks. I hate thieves. Will insurance cover that window I wonder.
    Never understood why anyone would not always have their gun on them and why in the hell anyone would leave it in their vehicle. There is no valid excuse.

kparrow likes this.
  20. Jul 2, 2019 at 1:50 PM
    djhase

djhase New Member

Member:
    It sucks there are thieves in the world sorry for your troubles. That being said I would never leave my weapon in the truck while traveling. I don't care what the hotel rules are on guns. I have never had my bags searched when going to my room. Now a long gun might be more tricky. Garment bag maybe.

kenomouth64[OP] likes this.
  21. Jul 2, 2019 at 1:57 PM
    prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth New Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM Limited 4x4
    Tundra234, kenomouth64[OP] and Law323 like this.
  22. Jul 2, 2019 at 2:15 PM
    801Tundra

801Tundra New Member

Member:
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    2019 Crewmax Limited
    Sorry to hear about this! I know I would be super heated if I came out to shattered window.

I second the window tint recommendation. Along with privacy from prying eyes, the film will also help keep the glass together in the event of someone smashing the window.

kenomouth64[OP] likes this.
  23. Jul 2, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    And then complain about how stupid you were on the internet. My favorite was a week or so ago the guy says he doesn't even care if the thief gets punished he just wants his gun back.

24. Jul 2, 2019 at 2:29 PM
    dsrtblly

dsrtblly New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Limited
    Happened to me one time ..F ing bizarre that thieves know which vehicle has a weapon .. for the thieves , they reap what they sow .. thank You LORD

Law323 likes this.
  25. Jul 2, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    Liquid unlucky

Liquid unlucky New Member

Member:
    North east Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tundra
    None....yet few decals and a five star dragon Ball. Lift 4.5" in two years is the plan
    Damn turds!! Sorry for your luck I hope you didn't loose anything you can't replace

26. Jul 2, 2019 at 3:56 PM
    shakezoola

shakezoola Not a new member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport MGM
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    Why does that not surprise me. Tulsa is a mecca for criminals. I bet the low-life that stole your firearm has been/or will be on Live PD pretty soon.

27. Jul 2, 2019 at 4:07 PM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    Sucks to go through. Thieves f'n suck.

Pardon me if I missed it posted above. Did you call the police and get a police report. AND report your gun stolen?

Ps3udonymous likes this.
  28. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:53 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Probably had stickers on the truck advertising the presence of a gun in the vehicle as well

29. Jul 8, 2019 at 8:57 AM
    kenomouth64

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    Hotel policy said no guns allowed. Normally, I would still bring it anyway, but I was staying with some friends, who are not exactly fond of firearms, so I didn't want to potentially make things awkward.

In a perfect world, one would be able to have any piece of property in their vehicle without worrying about it getting stolen. I suppose it doesn't matter though as we obviously do not live there, lol.
    Definitely, going to have to look into one of these. I am also considering removing my "Caution K9" stickers, just not sure what the potential legal ramifications might be. The risk of a vehicle break-in might not outweigh the risk of some idiot trying to pet a K9 in training. I have had people try to do this before, very foolish on their part...
    Lol, where else better to complain than the internet. The gun is easily replaceable, I am more concerned that some low-life degenerate is now walking around armed!
    Indeed it is! The last time I was there, some shyster was trying to sell me a POS car he had rigged up.
    Yeah, the "Caution K9" might have alluded to the fact that I might have some goodies in there. Just not sure, if removing them is worth the liability. I already removed the '3%er' sticker. I am just happy they did not steal my ILBE rucksack (and gear) as that has sentimental value.

Pudge[QUOTED] likes this.
  30. Jul 8, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    kenomouth64

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    Yes, I certainly did!

Products Discussed in

To Top