1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trouble With Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mcoop, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Aug 13, 2020 at 5:57 AM
    Mcoop

Mcoop [OP] Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Berlin, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black SR5 5.7L DCLB 4x4
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and, until recently, I had it connected via Bluetooth to my '15 SR5. The phone no longer connects/pairs with the Tundra. The phone will connect to other Bluetooth devices I have in the house.

I have reset most apps on my phone but I have not yet done a complete reset which I am hesitant to do. I am wondering if a recent Samsung update caused the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I assume this is a Samsung issue because my son's iPhone will pair with my Tundra.

2. Aug 13, 2020 at 12:00 PM
    BrandonL812

BrandonL812 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Sequoia LTD
    Rx350 retrofitted, Morimoto Led fogs. interior and exterior leds swap. TRD drop in filter. Carbon filter delete. Led DRL panels. TRD Shift knob.
    have you try the forget device from your phone and clear out the Bluetooth memory from your tundra?

i would try that and then re-pair it to your truck.

3. Feb 17, 2021 at 6:34 AM
    Furpig

Furpig New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lewis
    Vehicle:
    2014 Red Tundra SR5
    K&N Cold Air intake, Magnaflow Dual exhaust
    Just got a Samsung A71 Sunday (02-14-21) and the radio does not see phone although the phone see's the radio and say's its paired....It is not.
    Talked to Toyota and they suggested to delete all personnel data from radio then try to pair again - Did not work.
    The phone is not listed as a compatible device to system but either is my last phone I had no issues pairing to system (Pixel 1)
    The phones listed as compatible are running Andriod 10 as is mine, Is there a re-flash or some kind of software update required to entune radio?
    Thank you in advance for any info.

4. Feb 17, 2021 at 9:49 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Samsung here too. Ive had issues when the phone updates at times.

Hold off the reset of the phone. Delete the pair from the menu in the truck. Then re=pair and you should be good. So basically, it is all done on the truck side- delete and then pair the phone again, just like you did on the initial pair.

Products Discussed in

To Top