1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Sway bars

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by phogallen, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Jan 10, 2019 at 6:34 PM
    SoCal8654

SoCal8654 New Member

Member:
    Bro,

The serious “MT” and “ LT” people will say what the fuck are you doing.

But,

I came from a 2002 WRX BUGEYE w/ full JDM kit and 2 Mitsu EVO Xs. I am an avid WRC and Desert truck fan for many years and also owned 6 Toyota’s.

The Tundra is a big truck. I have a rear TRD swaybar on the rear turn in response is great for what it is.

I have not installed the front because well- I have a small fortune in suspension and I like the feel without. The rear works well off-road as well on mild stuff like Ocotillo Wells area. Axle still moves through it’s limited travel range and stable at speed.

Socal-

SoCal13TRD likes this.
  2. Jan 10, 2019 at 6:35 PM
    SoCal13TRD

SoCal13TRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited/TRD RW
    ...thanks, AZ....based on what you just said and a lot of other research I'm going to install the sway bar.

FYI: Toyota discontinued the TRDPro suspension (Bilstein version) since switching to Fox and I was told the new TRDPro suspension (Fox version) will not work on my 13 even though the old versions (Bilsteins) will. Go Figure. So, I just found a set of takes offs and will be getting them and the sway bar installed by Camelback Toyota in Phoenix...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Rica25 likes this.
  3. Jan 10, 2019 at 6:37 PM
    SoCal13TRD

SoCal13TRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    ...thanks SoCal...I hear you...totally get it.

Rica25 and SoCal8654 like this.
  4. Jan 10, 2019 at 6:48 PM
    AZTundra

AZTundra No Longer a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax Limited 5.7 FFV
    TRD Pro Grille, Billet Battery Hold Down, Weather Tech Floormats (Front/Rear), Side Steps, BakFlip MX4, AMP Research Bed Extender, Spray In Bedliner, TRD Rear Sway Bar, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, TRD Pro Suspension, AMP Research Bed Step
    Not sure if you have a specific service advisor that you use. I bought my Tundra at Camelback Yoyota and have all my service done there as well. Joe Toro is my service advisor and is good to work with if you are looking to find one.

SoCal8654 and Rica25 like this.
  5. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:05 PM
    SoCal13TRD

SoCal13TRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    ...AZ, so I live in Orange County, CA. I've never been to Camelback Toyota. The reason I'm going to drive out there and have them do this install is because I cannot locate any dealers in OC who are willing to do it or who are even competent enough to do it...and technically, its not allowed by Toyota for them to do it since the TRDPro suspension kit was not made for the 13s - even though they fit perfectly with no mods - but through the use of these forums I got turned on to Murph (Service Manger) at Camelback and he has no problem doing it for me and they seem to know exactly what they are doing without hesitation - unlike most Toyota dealerships/service depts. in Orange County.

DiegoC, SoCal8654 and Rica25 like this.
  6. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:17 PM
    AZTundra

AZTundra No Longer a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax Limited 5.7 FFV
    TRD Pro Grille, Billet Battery Hold Down, Weather Tech Floormats (Front/Rear), Side Steps, BakFlip MX4, AMP Research Bed Extender, Spray In Bedliner, TRD Rear Sway Bar, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, TRD Pro Suspension, AMP Research Bed Step
    Well, glad they are helping you out. They are one of the largest Toyota Dealerships in the Phoenix area. I've been using them since I bought my truck in July 2017 and no complaints so far. Sucks that no one is closer for you though. Are you set on using the dealer?....I'm sure just about any off-road shop would tackle it.

Rica25 likes this.
  7. Jan 10, 2019 at 7:24 PM
    SoCal13TRD

SoCal13TRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    ...I am 100% dealer-only when it come to servicing my Toyota vehicles, especially with this type of work. The service departments hate me because I am up there ass on double checking their work...so even though Toyota says this Pro kit is not suppose to be on this 13 Tundra I'll feel better knowing a dealership installed them - JUST INCASE - there is a warranty issue.

Rica25 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top