1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD sway-bar - behind the axle mounting

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scotch, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Jun 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM
    scotch

scotch [OP] New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    2010 Tundra Method 20x9 Fat Fives 18offset, 305/55/20 Duratracs, Bilstein 6112/5160, SPC/LR Upper Control Arms, TRD Rear Swaybar, OME/Dakar leafs with CB +1 Shackles, Husky Weatherbeaters, Du-Ha, Extang Solid Fold, Line-X, Toyota Bed Mat, Stoptech Cryo Rotors and pads, Goodridge brake lines, Stoptech STR-660, Rigid Fog Lights, Odyssey Battery, Firestone Airbags with CB spacer, etc, etc... Previous Toyota's: 97 4runner, 02 tacoma, 09 tacoma
    I recently swapped out my stock leaf springs and CB +3 shackles, for new OME/Dakar springs and CB +1 shackles. I changed my trd sway-bar from below the axle to behind the axle and it handles just the same. Did this for more clearance below the axle, length of the vertical part to the height of the lifted frame, and to clear the leaf bottom of the leaf spring...

Added note: this is a 3" lift in the rear from the springs and shackles. I wouldn't necessarily mount the swaybar this way on a stock height truck, but you could...

I didn't have this original thought, I stumbled on one picture somewhere on the internet. Just posting my picture for others to know its a viable option.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    CaptTyler likes this.
  2. Jun 8, 2016 at 8:50 AM
    CaptTyler

CaptTyler Life’s too short to have an ugly boat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins
    I will be doing that when I finally get a sway bar.
    Nice work

3. Jun 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    How are you liking the DAKARs so far? I will probably swap out my stock w/AAL leafs at some point for the DAKARs to complete my OME setup.

4. Jun 8, 2016 at 9:06 AM
    scotch

scotch [OP] New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    2010 Tundra Method 20x9 Fat Fives 18offset, 305/55/20 Duratracs, Bilstein 6112/5160, SPC/LR Upper Control Arms, TRD Rear Swaybar, OME/Dakar leafs with CB +1 Shackles, Husky Weatherbeaters, Du-Ha, Extang Solid Fold, Line-X, Toyota Bed Mat, Stoptech Cryo Rotors and pads, Goodridge brake lines, Stoptech STR-660, Rigid Fog Lights, Odyssey Battery, Firestone Airbags with CB spacer, etc, etc... Previous Toyota's: 97 4runner, 02 tacoma, 09 tacoma
    They are awesome, wish I did it years ago. No regrets. Even my wife and kids noticed a better ride both on and off road immediately (which I didn't ask for their opinion, they just told me right away they like it better than the stock leaf ride...) I've also hauled 1000lbs of fence and cement and it squatted about 3/4" Another noticeable improvement is a crispness to the drivetrain, that was not there before. Hard to describe, but when you give it any gas, even just a little, you immediately feel it in you backside. Maybe the old leaf was wrapping a little with torque, dunno. I also did coachbuilder bushings, carrier bearing drop, and +1 shackles at the same time as the new dakars. (had +3 shackles with the stock leafs)

Black Wolf likes this.
  5. Jun 8, 2016 at 9:12 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Shouldn't the links be vertical?

bandit likes this.
  6. Jun 8, 2016 at 9:16 AM
    scotch

scotch [OP] New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    loaded pics: 1/2"-3/4" drop max when loaded

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

equin, boardude and Black Wolf like this.
  7. Aug 3, 2016 at 6:41 PM
    Basskrazee

Basskrazee Pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra SR5 /TRD
    AFE mass air intake TRD rear anti sway bar Headwaters seat covers TRD Pro grill Bilstien 6112 coil overs Bilstien 5160 rear shocks Consol vault
    Scotch,
    I know that you posted awhile back, but I read the post and if possible could you take some pictures and post them without the back loaded? I own a 2016 tundra TRD that is mostly stock and I am interested in the Dakar leaf springs. It sounds like you a happy with them, and use your truck about the same way I use mine. What did you use to lift the front? I am looking to use adjustable coil overs in the front, upgrade the shocks in the back, and install 3" CB shackles. Leave the stock leaf springs in place. What is the lift increase with the Dakar springs/ 1" CB shackles. Can the Dakar leafs be installed on the stock shackles? Thanks for your input.

8. Aug 3, 2016 at 7:51 PM
    scotch

scotch [OP] New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    Ya, tomorrow I post some pics of it unloaded. And measure heights for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top