1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trd sway bar and king shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Gfgneo, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Feb 17, 2021 at 8:06 PM
    Gfgneo

Gfgneo [OP] New Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2021 tundra platinum
    Hi, im getting a 2021 tundra platinum 4x4 in april (currently getting built) and the truck comes equipped with a rear trd sway bar. I plan on putting 295 toyo at3 tires on 17 in method wheels with 2.5 king shocks set to a 2.5 in lift with adjustable remote reservoirs with spc upper control arms a body mount chop, and a 1 to 2 inch rear shackle. My question is does anyone have a similar set up also running the trd sway bar?how is the ride? Did you initially have the sway bar then took it off? If so why? I kind of want the sway bar because I'm an agressive driver so it might help with that but i heard it also hinders the suspension. So i wondered if i adjust the remote reservoirs for a softer suspension if that will compensate for the sway bar?

2. Feb 18, 2021 at 5:01 PM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    The sway bar controls body roll, not ride comfort or stiffness. The guys that remove it are usually the heavy offroaders and rock crawlers.

BravoDeltaRomeo likes this.
  3. Feb 20, 2021 at 4:20 PM
    typerlegend

typerlegend Will work for Mods

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    SoCal, North Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2020 Super White Tundra SR5 TRD Sport
    Kicker sound system. Kings 2.5 Adjustables Total Chaos UCA Total Chaos 3/4' Rear Shackles 17' Methods 703s KO2 35/12.5/17 Baja Design Amber Squadron Sport Fogs

I too am interested in this question.

My install date is this Wednesday 02/24/21. Will be installing Kings 2.5 Adjustable front and rear with Total Chaos UCA and 3/4" Rear Shackles. Will also be doing BMC. She will be sitting on Methods 703 17x8.5 wrapped with KO2 35/12.5/17. There will also be a 35 sitting under the bed as a spare I am deciding to keep rear sways or not because I drive 90% street. The install shop is my friend's shop who is heavy into Overlanding and offroad. They told me that the Rear Sways have to go for a true lift or I can keep it for a ghetto lift. I might take them off to see how it feels. If I don't like it, I will put them back on when I install my Corsa exhaust. I have heard that the rear sways keep the suspension from its full potential.

If anyone has had this experience please share!!!

Here's a preview:

JerryH and BravoDeltaRomeo like this.
  4. Feb 20, 2021 at 4:24 PM
    typerlegend

typerlegend Will work for Mods

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    SoCal, North Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2020 Super White Tundra SR5 TRD Sport
    Kicker sound system. Kings 2.5 Adjustables Total Chaos UCA Total Chaos 3/4' Rear Shackles 17' Methods 703s KO2 35/12.5/17 Baja Design Amber Squadron Sport Fogs

Also, Better get on them Kings. It's on huge backorder right now, at least in Cali. 4 to 6 month wait. I got lucky and my friend's shop found them but had to pay MSRP.

5. Feb 20, 2021 at 5:25 PM
    Gfgneo

Gfgneo [OP] New Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2021 tundra platinum
    :annoyed:
    Yeah i heard that too, but it might be better for me in the long run if i have to wait that way i can just pay cash. I was qouted 7k for 4 tires, method wheels, bmc, 2.5 kings with adjustable remote reservoirs and labor. Only bad thing is the more time goes by the more inflation is going to kick in (40% of all currency in circulation was printed in the last 10 months!) So by the time i get to it it will probably be more. :annoyed:

6. Feb 20, 2021 at 8:17 PM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    I had both front and rear sway bars but took them off, I prefer speeding offroad than on road, but I've pushed my truck on curves 80 plus mph on pavement and it still felt stable to me. It all depends on what you do, on road sway bars are great, off-road don't waste your money on them.

typerlegend likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top