1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD PRO lift?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by TonyNCo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Aug 11, 2020 at 10:07 AM
    TonyNCo

TonyNCo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2019 VooDoo Blue TRD Pro
    Audio, 11 channels Kenwood HU, Mini DSP Digital Sound Processor 2 Alpine 4 Channel Amps, 3 Alpine Sub Amps approx 4K watts 3 way Focal in dash, front doors. 6 1/2" in door swapped for 8" 10" Focal Sub, front passenger floor, custom sealed box 2 way Focal rear doors 2 JL Audio 12W6 Subs, behind backseat Aux lights, all but ditch on modified bumper light bar (3 Hella Rally 4000) Spot, Fog, and Euro beam. Euro beam has yellow bulb. 4 White Spot beam LED Ditch 4 Yellow Spot beam LED 42" Curved, Yellow/Fog LED light bar 50" Curved, White LED light bar 295/70/18 Falken Wildpeak, Revolver Bed Cover
    On a 2019 TRD Pro, how much lift on the front is going to cause concern/need for other mods to the front end? Back end? Driveline mods? Electronic mods to correct errors on the lane departure/cruise/radar etc stuff.

Ideally I would like a little up front, and back to be able to clear larger tires. 295's... Without causing a need for other mods to make it all work.

I know others are having mixed results with 295's.

Is 1"/2" in the front going to be the most without doing other mods?
    Back?

THANKS!

2. Aug 11, 2020 at 11:47 AM
    DaBears51

DaBears51 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    295s can already fit these TRD Pros without a lift. They're already lifted 2in in the front. I have 295s on my 2017 TRD Pro and didn't do a thing to it to make it fit. I DID have to trim the front plastic when I added wheel spacers but that's a whole other story.

3. Aug 12, 2020 at 4:39 AM
    Bad Cow

Bad Cow GOD Bless The USA

Member:
    Georgia USA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO - SUPER WHITE
    Leather Steering Wheel, +1.5" Shackles
    Treat it like a "sore dick and a rattlesnake, and don't F**k with it".

4. Aug 12, 2020 at 6:04 AM
    MaxYota

MaxYota GrilledCheese

Member:
    First Name:
    Murf
    MS Gulfcoast
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO VooDoo Blue
    Mighty Mouse suction cupped to the review 8 ball shifter. Driver side "Oh poop" handle. Smoked side window deflectors. ReadyLift TRD PRO +2 for front. 1.5" ProFormFab Shackles + 1" ToyTec block for rear. SDHQ Hidden winch mount with Badlands 9000 winch. 305/70r18 Cooper Discoverer STT PRO
    I have the ReadyLift Pro STT with 305/70r18s and all I had to do was remove the front little flap and push the front of the wheel well liner in about 3/4". No BMC required or electronic errors.IMG_7635.jpg

5. Aug 13, 2020 at 6:43 PM
    TonyNCo

TonyNCo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2019 VooDoo Blue TRD Pro
    Audio, 11 channels Kenwood HU, Mini DSP Digital Sound Processor 2 Alpine 4 Channel Amps, 3 Alpine Sub Amps approx 4K watts 3 way Focal in dash, front doors. 6 1/2" in door swapped for 8" 10" Focal Sub, front passenger floor, custom sealed box 2 way Focal rear doors 2 JL Audio 12W6 Subs, behind backseat Aux lights, all but ditch on modified bumper light bar (3 Hella Rally 4000) Spot, Fog, and Euro beam. Euro beam has yellow bulb. 4 White Spot beam LED Ditch 4 Yellow Spot beam LED 42" Curved, Yellow/Fog LED light bar 50" Curved, White LED light bar 295/70/18 Falken Wildpeak, Revolver Bed Cover
    Those of you that have no issues either with or without the lifts added. Is that just normal driving, or full articulation?

6. Aug 14, 2020 at 6:43 AM
    MaxYota

MaxYota GrilledCheese

Member:
    First Name:
    Murf
    MS Gulfcoast
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO VooDoo Blue
    Mighty Mouse suction cupped to the review 8 ball shifter. Driver side "Oh poop" handle. Smoked side window deflectors. ReadyLift TRD PRO +2 for front. 1.5" ProFormFab Shackles + 1" ToyTec block for rear. SDHQ Hidden winch mount with Badlands 9000 winch. 305/70r18 Cooper Discoverer STT PRO
    Normal driving lately. Once the tires were installed with the plastic modification i spun the the truck around left/right/forward/reverse with no rub and briefly bounced it around forward/reverse with no rub to the body mount or front fender well.

7. Aug 14, 2020 at 6:52 AM
    trd.james

trd.james New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    2020 TRD PRO | Westcott Lift | 35" KO2's
    I did the Westcott lift up front which gives you about another inch, maybe 1.25" at most (depends on your original stance) and then Coachbuilder +2's in the rear. I have 35x12.50's on the stock rims with this set-up with no rubbing or other modifications. Truck rides great.
    The Westcott lift comes with a 1" rear block for the rear and I did use that for a while. Truck sat perfectly level with that, and rode just like it did from the factory. But I ultimately wanted the shackles as a replacement for the block just to provide some additional ride comfort enhancements over the factory ride. Was well worth it. Truck still sits level or with about a quarter inch of rake depending on the ground.

8. Aug 18, 2020 at 9:16 AM
    TonyNCo

TonyNCo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2019 VooDoo Blue TRD Pro
    Thx!

TRD James, do you have more pics of your ride?

9. Aug 20, 2020 at 9:50 AM
    JackWagon

JackWagon Dr. Wookiee

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra DC TRD Pro MGM
    295's fit without any mods other than trimming the front bumper, but they are very very close to rubbing the UCA. I added 2 CB shims on driver and 1 Cb shim on pass side w/ 1" block out back. i also added 1.25 wheel spacers for comfort factor. Alignment is still within spec and drives fine. I believe the need for UCA's come's in at 3" of lift or higher, but everyone's trucks are slightly different for tolerances.

10. Aug 25, 2020 at 9:55 AM
    trd.james

trd.james New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hey, sorry I missed this. here's one more. I can take some from other angles if you'd prefer?

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.54.52 PM.jpg

11. Oct 28, 2020 at 8:47 AM
    Supawhite_trdpro

Supawhite_trdpro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 trd_pro
    -TRD Cold Air Intake -TRD Oil Filler Cap -TRD Radiator Cap -TRD Shift Knob Black -TRD PRO Insert Badge -Tundra Tailgate Insert Badge -Toyota Tundra Bed Step ‪-Toyota Tundra Wireless Charging Tray ‬ -Toyota Tundra Grab Handle Kit -Toyota Tundra Bed Extender -Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC27 -Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70R18 -BORA (Bulletproof Off Road Adapters) 1.25 Wheel Spacer -SDHQ Built Billet ABS Guards -Bushwacker Pocket/Rivet Style -Go Rhino RB20 Running Boards with Textured Black Bed Liner Coat -EGR In-Channel Window Visors -Husky Liners X-act Contour - Front and 2nd Row Floor Liners -AJT Design - Chrome Delete Kit and Injection Key Fob V2 -Headlight Revolution Interior: Toyota Tundra LED Interior Bulb Upgrade Kit with Vanity Light -Headlight Revolution Exterior: Cargo Light, 3rd Brake Light, License Plate Light and 1000 Lumen Reverse Light
    Hello James i have the same set up westcott with 35’s ko2 and i have a rub on my front sway bar full lock. I wonder what alignment specs do you have if you dont have a rub at all. Check your sway bar if you have some marks if you get a chance thank you

12. Nov 2, 2020 at 10:18 AM
    trd.james

trd.james New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    @Supawhite_trdpro I will check and send you pics. I haven't noticed any rubbing though. I don't know my alignment specs, but can see if the shop can pull up records and send me.

13. Nov 2, 2020 at 8:28 PM
    Supawhite_trdpro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 trd_pro
    -TRD Cold Air Intake -TRD Oil Filler Cap -TRD Radiator Cap -TRD Shift Knob Black -TRD PRO Insert Badge -Tundra Tailgate Insert Badge -Toyota Tundra Bed Step ‪-Toyota Tundra Wireless Charging Tray ‬ -Toyota Tundra Grab Handle Kit -Toyota Tundra Bed Extender -Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC27 -Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/70R18 -BORA (Bulletproof Off Road Adapters) 1.25 Wheel Spacer -SDHQ Built Billet ABS Guards -Bushwacker Pocket/Rivet Style -Go Rhino RB20 Running Boards with Textured Black Bed Liner Coat -EGR In-Channel Window Visors -Husky Liners X-act Contour - Front and 2nd Row Floor Liners -AJT Design - Chrome Delete Kit and Injection Key Fob V2 -Headlight Revolution Interior: Toyota Tundra LED Interior Bulb Upgrade Kit with Vanity Light -Headlight Revolution Exterior: Cargo Light, 3rd Brake Light, License Plate Light and 1000 Lumen Reverse Light
    Thanks bud! double check if you get a chance ive told 3 people already with the same setup and they don’t even know they’re rub until i told them. Some dont have rubs because the they have toe out which will wear the tires fast

14. Nov 2, 2020 at 8:40 PM
    V10Ace

V10Ace New Member

Member:
    Salem, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD PRO
    Harrop w/ Prospeed goods & Kooks LTs
    295/70/18's with 1" Bora spacers all around. I rubbed front fender liner a bit at full lock.. simply unscrewed the 4 screws underneath front liner, pushed forward, screwed back in. No more rub. No trimming.

15. Nov 17, 2020 at 1:44 PM
    TonyNCo

TonyNCo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2019 VooDoo Blue TRD Pro
    Well, got the rear shackles done. My 295s are great. However, with the 295 spare stuffed in, the new shackles are less than a 1/4 inch from the spare hanging there.

Those riveted tire locator brackets, I know some remove them. I did not have time to tackle today. However, are people drilling them out or using a chisel to cut the heads off?

Thx

16. Apr 19, 2021 at 10:12 AM
    Tundra_Hawk

Tundra_Hawk New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Pro
    Supawhite_trdpro were you able to remedy the rubbing you were experiencing with the 35 Ko2's and front sway bar? I ordered the Westcott kit for my 21 pro, and have that ready to go. Hoping to put Ko2 35's on, but I also don't want any rubbing issues. Did you do spacers? If so what are the spacer specs? Did you have to do an alignment after the westcott kit? Your truck is badass btw!

PNWTundra2021 likes this.
  17. Apr 19, 2021 at 10:55 AM
    Supawhite_trdpro

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 trd_pro
    Hello tundra_hawk i have eliminated the rubbing issues on mine. Check me out on instagram if you have one my username supawhite_trdpro

PNWTundra2021 likes this.
  18. Apr 19, 2021 at 11:22 AM
    Tundra_Hawk

Tundra_Hawk New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Pro

Products Discussed in

To Top