1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Pro discount.

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by lawrenceb, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Aug 28, 2018 at 7:32 PM
    lawrenceb

lawrenceb [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    Couple of members asked me about how I got discount on my TRD Pro.. below is my response to them.. I dunno if I was just super lucky or if Toyota is gonna just flood the market with Pros which would be my typical luck.. lol.

I had placed an order for a Pro with no options and the deal was MSRP, no dealer fee (that dealer adds $995 to every deal). The order is supposed to show up 9/14.. I started checking the cars.com and http://southeast.buyatoyota.com/ for TRD Pros in route or already at dealers lots. I found a couple on both sites that listed 1000-2500 off MSRP so I started emailing those dealers and and expressing interest. A couple responded with "price was a mistake , its MSRP take it or leave it" . I found two dealers that were open to selling at a discount. I went back and forth via text with one and made him email me a qoute showing the VIN , MSRP, discount off and the only fees would be tax tag and title before I drove over.
    Honestly expected the dealer to pull a bait and switch or tell me the price was wrong. Completely floored when I got to the dealer, truck was gassed up and the salesperson had all the #'s in order on the deal sheets and I was out of there in an hour and half.
    The MSRP was $52308 plus they added $1495 for some BS tint, edge guards, wax and other fluff.. Agreed price was $48445, plus the dealer fee $799 then tax, tag and title which came to $52k...so I ended up getting a $3863 discount... Wasnt thrilled with paying for the ToyoPlatinum crap and running boards which Ill end up pulling off but even if I throw them away its still a smoking deal.
    Im sure it helped being 4 days away from the end of the month so if you are serious about getting one Id try to work deal this week. I mentioned in one of my other posts that if someone wants the one I had ordered let me know, my deal was at MSRP .. that dealer ( Tampa) may deal on it now.

2. Aug 28, 2018 at 7:34 PM
    reaper3030

reaper3030 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Vehicle:
    Tundra 2018 SR5 4X4 Concrete Crewcab
    Rock star wheels, off road tires, LED interior lights, LED fog lights, and .50 cal antenna.
    Nice deal, congrats.

lawrenceb[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top