1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission Model Number

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Navy Eagle, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Sep 11, 2020 at 11:15 AM
    Navy Eagle

Navy Eagle [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4X4 Limited Crewmax TRD Off-Road
    Performance dual exhaust, bed liner, tri-fold tonneau cover, swing tool boxes
    Amazingly Toyota customer service can not tell me the model of the transmission I have when I gave them the VIN! Can anyone confirm that it is the AB60F? The only info I can find on the internet says that model was installed on the 1st gen. I am looking for general info on gear ratios, TC lock up points, tow/haul mode, etc.
    Thanks

2. Sep 11, 2020 at 12:11 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    This is what I have...

Attached Files:

3. Sep 11, 2020 at 1:38 PM
    Navy Eagle

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for your help, that's what I was looking for. What is the document that you pulled the info from? The short time I had access to TIS on another issue I couldn't find it.

4. Sep 11, 2020 at 1:45 PM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    Your transmission model is also on the white data label on the inside of the driver door jamb. It's on the bottom line of the label. It'll say something like "A/TM: A???/AB60F".

If you have a 5.7L 4WD, the transmission model will be AB60F.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    14burrito likes this.
  5. Sep 11, 2020 at 2:35 PM
    Navy Eagle

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Now you made me feel dumb :smack: Good to know it's there. In my case I have "B02A/AB60F". What is the significance of the B02A designation?

6. Sep 11, 2020 at 4:41 PM
    JohnLakeman

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    No clue on the B02A. :notsure: In that slot, my 4.6L 2WD says "A03A/A760E". Clearly not a date code. Maybe a plant, line, shift code? You would have to be a Toyota insider to know.

Don't ever feel bad about learning something here. I can't remember how I learned the transmission model was there. It was probably from an experienced member with about 10K posts, that had owned 6-7 Tundras . :thumbsup:

7. Sep 11, 2020 at 4:46 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I believe the B0A2 is the R&P designation

Wynnded likes this.
  8. Sep 11, 2020 at 4:50 PM
    JohnLakeman

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    What's "R&P"?

9. Sep 11, 2020 at 4:51 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Ring & pinion

Navy Eagle[OP] likes this.
  10. Sep 11, 2020 at 4:55 PM
    JohnLakeman

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    Cool. :cool: So, the "A" in "A/TM:" stands for "Axle" I guess?

Got any other dope on what the characters and numerals represent?

11. Sep 11, 2020 at 4:57 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    A/TM
    A- axle
    TM - transmission

As you have already figured out the TM in the above posts, comments.

What other

12. Sep 11, 2020 at 5:03 PM
    JohnLakeman

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    On factory specs, you will have better luck going to Toyota.com>Owners>My Vehicle>Vehicle Specs, and entering your VIN. Somewhere along that sequence of menu items, you may have to join, and will get the opportunity to provide your VIN. Those specs may provide info on tow package, gear ratio etc. My Tundra history is weak, but I believe later MY 5.7L had 4.1:1, and there was an optional 4.3:1

As for torque converter lock up conditions, that will likely be a chart in a complicated transmission document that you may be able to lay your hands on. As with any average owner, it's not a secret, but Toyota probably won't advertise that level of detail.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  13. Sep 11, 2020 at 5:09 PM
    Navy Eagle

Member:
    Vehicle:
    You'd think that Toyota could have told me to look there instead of just saying they don't know, but at least I know now. Thanks to all for the replies.

14. Sep 11, 2020 at 5:13 PM
    Navy Eagle

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I actually tried that and only got the basic info "6-Spd Automatic Trans w/Sequential Shift" but not the model number.

15. Sep 11, 2020 at 5:19 PM
    JohnLakeman

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    Nothing on tow package or gear ratio?

I've read many of those spec descriptions that owners have posted, including my own, and I am amazed by the lack of consistency. Some are detailed, some are pathetic regards the little information provided. You would figure that a manager would set the standard for information to be provided, and employees would provide specifications to a uniform standard. That is not the case from what I've seen.

16. Sep 11, 2020 at 5:32 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I found it with an online search. I think that it's a portion of a Toyota service or repair manual available to Toyota trained technicians.

17. Sep 11, 2020 at 5:34 PM
    Navy Eagle

Member:
    Vehicle:
    There actually was more info such as:
    "Tow Package: Tow Rcvr Hitch, 4.30 Axle, Eng/Trans Fluid Coolers, TOW/HAUL Mode, HD Batt & Alt, & Integ 4/7-Pin Connector"
    but nothing regarding TM model. It also stated I have 20" wheels but it came with 18" :confused: so I only trust what I can verify.

18. Sep 11, 2020 at 5:37 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Agreed. It seems that everyone has their own designation/file system that only makes sense to them. Like gathering information collected about shoes and socks and filing that under the letter 'F'...because those items go on your feet. o_O

Products Discussed in

To Top