1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission Fluid Brands

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Red Freighter, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Dec 2, 2016 at 11:36 AM
    Red Freighter

Red Freighter [OP] Red Freighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Oregon City
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab sr5 trd red
    2014 TRD wheels and TRd pro center caps. Stock 2014 running boards. Stereo gps dvd deck two 12" subs w/amp. Dvd Headrests. Rear air bags with compressor and air tank.
    Is it o.k. to use a good quality brand of transmission fluid other than Toyota. Thanks. I've been busy driving a city bus.

2. Dec 2, 2016 at 11:48 AM
    cdkenne

cdkenne Toyota Master Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    KS
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 TRD Offroad
    285/70R17, '15 4Run Trail Wheels, Westin Shopping Cart Basher, SnapOn license plate cover that adds >50 HP
    As a Toyota Master Tech, I'll tell you no. I am certain many others will disagree. World Standard Fluid is its own monster. Do not use anything other than Toyota World Standard Fluid. (assuming we're talking about your 2013 Tundra)

trayday and T-Rex266 like this.
  3. Dec 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM
    Red Freighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Oregon City
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD wheels and TRd pro center caps. Stock 2014 running boards. Stereo gps dvd deck two 12" subs w/amp. Dvd Headrests. Rear air bags with compressor and air tank.
    Yes talking about the Red Freighter.

4. Dec 2, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    dumbassdave

dumbassdave Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax Limited
    You'll probably find a bunch of people who will say that they have some Amsoil fluid or something else they use and that WS is crap and you shouldn't use it and that it will break your truck and make your bald. Is WS fluid crap? Who knows! In my Tacoma and Tundra I followed what the engineers said and used WS fluid. Maybe I have bought into their conspiracy, maybe not. Maybe I am a sucker, but I'll just use what the engineers say should go in there.

Price out your fluid on Amazon and at the dealership. I have bought 12 L on Amazon before for a better (but not way better) price than the dealership.

cdkenne likes this.
  5. Dec 3, 2016 at 8:30 AM
    Red Freighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Oregon City
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, That is the route I'll go. My wife and I rv out in some pretty desolated areas so the safest way is the only way.

Products Discussed in

To Top