1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trailer lights

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Dcuff, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Aug 18, 2017 at 6:18 PM
    Dcuff

Dcuff [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Outside of Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Silver. Tun 4x4 doublecab SR5
    Bull bar, spot light and fog lights. Master lock tool lock system. Rear brake lights underneath the Tellgate with turn signal's, just added new step bars, vent visors, HID head lights and fog lights. Just ordered a lift kit.
    Does anyone know why my factory trailer lights all flash when my hazard lights are on? I'm talking about my running lights cause yes I know my hazards are supposed to flash. I have a 2012 sec edition sr5

4x4_Angel likes this.
  2. Aug 19, 2017 at 7:12 AM
    cfdfireman90

cfdfireman90 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Limited/TRD Double cab
    Bad ground somewhere on the trailer.

Dcuff[OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Did you just get the trailer or did it just start happening?

Dcuff[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 19, 2017 at 1:29 PM
    Dcuff

Dcuff [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Outside of Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Bull bar, spot light and fog lights. Master lock tool lock system. Rear brake lights underneath the Tellgate with turn signal's, just added new step bars, vent visors, HID head lights and fog lights. Just ordered a lift kit.
    It just started happening I was testing out the lights and I noticed it.

5. Aug 19, 2017 at 1:33 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Weird, they flash in sync with the blinkers, like same function? Or are they just flickering with no rhyme/reason?

If no rhyme/reason has to be a bad connection somewhere.

6. Aug 19, 2017 at 2:11 PM
    Dcuff

Dcuff [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Outside of Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    I checked it again. I used a four way tester on my truck and it's actually coming from my truck! Yeah doesn't sound good huh? Yes it's pulsates with the rhythm of the hazard. Do you think it's a relay going bad or a bad connection?

7. Aug 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM
    duece292

duece292 Appalachian American

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Green Bay, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra SR5 CM TRD 5.7 4X4
    Shot in the dark here. Do any of the marker/parking lights flash when the left turn signal is on? I'm assuming you have the combination 7 round/4 flat plug on the truck. If so, the tail light spade is next to the left turn spade and if there's corrosion it's possible for current to jump across the spades. You can unplug the wiring from the back of the plug and look for any corrosion inside the plug, it'll be crusty and bluish green. If it's there, a small pick or flat screwdriver, some WD40 and some compressed air will clean it out.

8. Aug 19, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    Dcuff

Dcuff [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Outside of Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks I'll have to check that out. Yes I have the four plug with the seven round plug next to it. I'll let you guys know thanks for the help

9. Aug 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    I guess it's not the trailer then! Hopefully just corrosion.

Dcuff[OP] likes this.
  10. Aug 27, 2017 at 9:04 PM
    Dcuff

Dcuff [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Outside of Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for all the help guys. I got a wire brush & WD40 and went to town. It seems to stop after I found a little bit of corrosion. It's not doing what it was. So that's a plus for me. Sorry it took sometime to get back to ya'll

11. Aug 27, 2017 at 9:51 PM
    duece292

duece292 Appalachian American

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Green Bay, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra SR5 CM TRD 5.7 4X4
    That's good to hear! Glad she's back up and running :thumbsup:

Dcuff[OP] likes this.
  12. Aug 28, 2017 at 4:27 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Dcuff[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top