1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Security and Toyota APP

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by 18C4Tundra, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Jun 23, 2020 at 12:00 PM
    18C4Tundra

18C4Tundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FE
    Vehicle:
    Go Army
    2020 TRD Pro, Hit by Antifa Terrorists, broke 3 windows.

1. The app tells me everything but when the windows are broken and the idiots steal stuff.
    2. The APP doesn't inform me if the alarm is going off
    3. The App is worthless if they break your windows, open your doors and steal your stuff
    4. The Warranty doesn't cover theft, but if the alarm doesn't go off on your app what good is the Toyota Security?
    5. Why does Toyota avoid addressing these security short comings?

Thanks.....

2. Jun 23, 2020 at 12:45 PM
    cds4x4

cds4x4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    How about I registered my truck to myself before even buying to check mileage!

3. Jun 23, 2020 at 1:02 PM
    18C4Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    FE
    Vehicle:
    Go Army
    CDS4X4, help with what you are saying here.

4. Jun 23, 2020 at 1:07 PM
    tttrdpro

tttrdpro Former Naval Person

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SWGA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White TRD Pro
    In progress…
    That really blows man, but what good would it have done if it had notified you? Either your stuff still would have been stolen or if you had confronted the “protesters” and harmed one in the least, you would have been charged with aggravated assault at a minimum. This brave new world of ours really sucks for honest, hard working tax payers. It’s great if you’re a jobless scumbag who wants to burn shit though.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  5. Jun 23, 2020 at 1:11 PM
    AZBoatHauler

AZBoatHauler SSEM#140/ASCM#3/2ndGenNaysayer/BAF140

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So.Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 CrewMax 4x4, 2017 LandCruiser, 2005 Sequoia 4x4
    Demello / SOB Fab Bumpers, SuperWinch, WKOR sliders, RCI skids, Baja Designs lighting, Billy 6112 and 5160 w/ CB +2, JL Audio with Alpine HU, DD 10" Exhaust, LED headlights, Rago fab mounts, 35” BFG, HAM radio
    This is what I was thinking... you get notification - then what?

Where do you live and where was your truck parked? I agree with you on #3 - no app can stop people from breaking in and stealing stuff. Time to get some of that Tesla bulletproof glass.

6. Jun 23, 2020 at 3:02 PM
    SLA10

SLA10 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    That sux, sorry to hear.

7. Jun 24, 2020 at 4:02 AM
    preacher35

preacher35 RIGHTEOUS MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Platinum Crewmax 4x4
    Regardless of him being powerless to stop the inevitable outcome, he is pissed that the system did not work. I would be too! That being said, I am in Texas. And if someone breaks into your vehicle, lethal force is a legal option.

8. Jun 24, 2020 at 5:03 AM
    Jaypown

Jaypown New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Rubber City
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Sport CM 4x4 MGM
    It sucks that the damage happened. But no app is going to prevent it. Once the windows are broke and stuff stolen, with or without an app notification, nothing changes.

Going to use lethal force on a massive amount of protesters? I have a feeling you wont win that one...

9. Jun 24, 2020 at 5:36 AM
    Seafury

Seafury Kickin names, and takin ass!

Member:
    First Name:
    Agent K
    SC Low Country
    Vehicle:
    2014 White 1794 "SnowWhite aka the Frost Queen"
    Bilstein 6112/5160, 3 CB front shims, SPC UCA's, CB +3 rear Shackles, total 3/2 lift, Dif drop, CB Carrier bearing drop, Fortin Evo One remote start from Tech12volts PnP, AMP research Powersteps PnP, Vent shades, Tinted windows, Black/Red lined cupholder inserts, Proclip USA dash phone mount with Scosche Magic Mount wireless magnetic phone charger, Stock wheels/tires for now.
    Toyota apps are almost always useless.
    They just don't get it, who knows if they ever will...

And of course, an app won't stop a break in, but it would be nice to know in real time.

And yes, you start firing at terrorist scumbag antifa thugs, they will all run, like anyone else would.

These people are despicable anarchist cowards trying to sow chaos, steal people's hard earned property, and break American society so they can live like the rich without earning anything or doing any work.

Their goal is to destroy the Civil Society, to remake it in their image, with them on top living the good life, by force, intimidation, and theft. They will then treat everyone below them worse them our society treats lessers nowadays because these people are evil and have no morals. They are sad, sore losers who wasted their opportunities to excell in life, and now want to drag everyone else down to suffer as they are.

If things continue as they are, I see a purge, or civil war coming. Something has to change soon, one way or the other, this situation is out of hand, and intolerable.

10. Jun 24, 2020 at 5:40 AM
    Seafury

Seafury Kickin names, and takin ass!

Member:
    First Name:
    Agent K
    SC Low Country
    Vehicle:
    2014 White 1794 "SnowWhite aka the Frost Queen"
    Bilstein 6112/5160, 3 CB front shims, SPC UCA's, CB +3 rear Shackles, total 3/2 lift, Dif drop, CB Carrier bearing drop, Fortin Evo One remote start from Tech12volts PnP, AMP research Powersteps PnP, Vent shades, Tinted windows, Black/Red lined cupholder inserts, Proclip USA dash phone mount with Scosche Magic Mount wireless magnetic phone charger, Stock wheels/tires for now.
    That sucks ass man!

I would be looking for reckoning, big time.

Toyota apps are garbage, maybe one day they will get their act together, but don't hold your breath.

I catch anyone fucking with my hard earned through blood sweat and tears property, they are going to the hospital, or the morgue, done deal.

jpod likes this.
  11. Jun 24, 2020 at 9:27 AM
    18C4Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    FE
    Vehicle:
    Go Army
    Thanks for the comments. However my intent was to attempt to message the smart kids at Toyota APP and say:

1. If you can tell me that the door is opened, and my FOB is no where near, why can you not display an intrusion message.
    2. If the app can tell me how much fuel is in the truck, it can tell you if the glass was broke.
    3. Since I was less than 100' away, in my case in a Hilton Hotel, I could have easily added to the security. In my case, and the five vehicles that were hit, My Brand New Tundra, the one next to mine a Brand New Ford Raptor (That one was totaled- all the windows smashed, doors kicked in) the insurance money would have paid for the app development.
    3. Camera technology and wifi is such that indoor cameras could have captured the perp, and a possible conviction could have occured.

Given the amount of thefts, Toyota needs to up its Deterrence, Detection, and Image Capture in this security app. The lack of such and the cost to insurance companies would cover the cost, add a benefit to the industry, and provide value to what we already thought was included in Toyota Security.

12. Jun 24, 2020 at 9:35 AM
    cds4x4

cds4x4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    When I found the truck I wanted to buy. I was testing the app I entered they trucks vin I was buying. I let me register it and look at the mileage. This is a security flaw. Anyone could register a vehicle then wait for someone to buy it. You then could do a number of things after that.

13. Jun 24, 2020 at 11:31 PM
    preacher35

preacher35 RIGHTEOUS MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Platinum Crewmax 4x4
    Um, I'm going to defend my property! I'm not going to pretend that I know that I can have all scenarios under my control, but I'm not going to lay down and let a mob run me over. There has been way to much of that already, and I have worked my ass off for what I have!.

NewImprovedRon and tttrdpro like this.
  14. Jun 25, 2020 at 6:33 AM
    Jaypown

Jaypown New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Rubber City
    Vehicle:
    I fully agree with you. Don't get me wrong. But one man against massive group of protesters doesn't seem like a fair fight. I'd pick my battles. But if it came down to it, yes i would go out fighting before laying down.

15. Jun 25, 2020 at 7:47 AM
    18C4Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    FE
    Vehicle:
    Go Army
    CDS4X$ Brings up a valid issue regarding electronic security, prevention, and anti-hack/intrusion prevention. The kids that broke my windows were not that smart to hit the wifi component, unluck the doors and drive away......

What threads do we have on this issue?

16. Jun 25, 2020 at 11:37 AM
    Jaypown

Jaypown New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Rubber City
    Vehicle:
    still would need a key to drive it though right? Since it shuts off the factory remote start when you unlock the doors. At least my 20 does that.

@cds4x4 When you register it though on the app, don't you need some code or something from the Entune system? that would require a key. Obviously you had that from the dealership but if someone broke in to it, they wouldnt have access like that. I could be wrong.

Products Discussed in

To Top