1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Canada options are weird

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Armament, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Apr 2, 2022 at 4:38 PM
    Armament

Armament [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794
    So it looks like the hybrid option just became available. I’m not sure I wanted to go for it and I’m still not but even now, they don’t offer it in the long bed.
    I have a 1794 long bed on order. The new hybrid option also let’s you get the advanced package that’s not currently offered in the non hybrid.

Doesn’t the build configuration seem strange? The hybrid is only on the higher packages but the short box versions.

Anyone else find this strange?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  2. Apr 10, 2022 at 12:47 PM
    Zarex

Zarex New Member

Member:
    I found their restrictions infuriating as I was waiting for the hybrids to be available to order all this time. You can get a Hybrid limited with the 6.5 ft box but there is so many restrictions there as well. Even withing the same trim levels the options either available or not as far as packages makes you wonder what bozo made the decisions at Toyota Canada. The mirrors are one example....you want tow mirrors sry but Platinum only, if you dont want the tow mirrors sorry Limited and below. You want the 360 camera's welp Platinum or Limited TRD, regular limited doesnt get the 360 camera's according to my dealer. You want the all digital dash, Limited hybrid and platinums only

Wanted a Platinum hybrid with 6.5ft box but now it's do I get the gas platinum, sacrifice features I wanted and get a limited Hybrid and even debate features that only come on the TRD version when I dont ever off road and would rather have the 20" rims "USA gets 20's on TRD but canada lol 18"s" or go to a different brand like the GMC sierra where there are options galore to order what you want. Just a slap in the face by limiting so much when your talking about 70-90k trucks

3. Apr 10, 2022 at 12:56 PM
    Armament

Armament [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794
    That’s where I was with it. They’re releasing new options, which is good but when are they actually going to be available? I’d like to know when people “ordered”, when they got their truck and was it what they wanted?

do you submit a build to your salesmen and they just keep an out out for something close?

4. Apr 10, 2022 at 1:05 PM
    Zarex

Zarex New Member

Member:
    never heard about new options where did you see that, only got the 1 dealer withing 1.5 hours of me and refuse to deal with them anymore, bad CS exp with service ect on my current Tundra and twice we scheduled an appointment to discuss ordering one and second time was for a test drive cause they had a platinum demo, both times ignored while there and stood around in lobby for 45min befor we got annoyed and left and wasn't busy at all and front desk had paged the person as well as sales multiple times.

Even the website has wild differences that I know should be wrong. like the platinum not having a back up camera lol

Gonna email a couple dealers away from here and go from there most likely

Armament[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top