1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota AT2 Extreme? The Good the bad the ugly?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Rngr188, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Mar 27, 2018 at 7:15 PM
    Rngr188

Rngr188 [OP] Ranked the best new member of all time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Harrison AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 1794 MGM TRD OR
    After many questions and research I think I've decided on 285/65/r18 on stock TRD wheels with stock TRD OR suspension. Truck is mainly a DD with some occasional Ozark backroad driving which consists of gravel, hard rock, and some clay. We also get ice/sleet and some snow. I won't offroad too much but want a capable tire that will last and perform as well. For those that run these tires give me the pros and cons. I've considered Ridge Grapplers, Trail Grapplers, and Toyo RT. With that said the RG doesn't have enough long term reviews, the TG is too aggressive for my needs, and the RT supposedly sucks in ice/snow. Opinions please. Thanks.

2. Apr 1, 2018 at 2:35 PM
    Thesquatchy1

Thesquatchy1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    2018 cement SR5 4x4 5.7
    That's good info thanks

Watt maker likes this.
  3. Apr 1, 2018 at 4:11 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    love my AT2 xtreme. I had the R/T before and I think they are not as loud. I get about the same MPG as 33"s R/T but with 35"s AT2 now (295/70). They also perform better in the snow than the R/T imo.
    You can't go wrong with Toyos.

Watt maker likes this.
  4. Apr 1, 2018 at 4:20 PM
    jaredmillerdvm

jaredmillerdvm Mods will never end!!

Member:
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CM SR5 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Rough Country 3in leveling kit, SCS Ray 10s, 295/70/18 Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes. TRD Shift Knob, Console Safe, Driver Side Grab Handle, WeatherTech Laser Measured Floor Liners, Katzkin Heated Leather Seats, Remote Start, TundraTex Frac Harness, Radio Vinyl Inlays, LED Interior Lightening. MGM Color Matched Hood Bulge and Surround, 18% Tinted Front Windows, 90% Ceramic Windshield Tint, 5% Banner, AntennaMast Stubby Antenna, Predator Step Bars, Skid Plate with Integrated Step, Line-X Spray in Bed Liner, Blacked Out Badges, Mirrors and Door Handles, Black Bedside Decals, Bak Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover, Swing Case Tool Boxes, DIY Tailgate Lock, Deck Rail System, Recon Smoked LED Tail Lights With LED Reverse Lights, Smoked Vinyl Wrapped Cargo Light, LED License Plate, Cargo, and 3rd Brake Lights, Dirty Deeds 8" BAMuffler, Black Powder Coated Front and Rear Bumpers, TRD Rear Sway Bar.
    I run the toyo at2 extreme 295/70/18 on stock wheels. They may be slightly louder than the stock tires but not by much. I have only had them about 1000 miles but so far so good. They look awesome too! Haven’t tried them in snow but on wet roads they handle well!

5. Apr 1, 2018 at 4:53 PM
    Rngr188

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Harrison AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 1794 MGM TRD OR
    Are you on stock suspension?

6. Apr 1, 2018 at 5:02 PM
    jaredmillerdvm

Member:
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    Rough Country 3in leveling kit, SCS Ray 10s, 295/70/18 Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes. TRD Shift Knob, Console Safe, Driver Side Grab Handle, WeatherTech Laser Measured Floor Liners, Katzkin Heated Leather Seats, Remote Start, TundraTex Frac Harness, Radio Vinyl Inlays, LED Interior Lightening. MGM Color Matched Hood Bulge and Surround, 18% Tinted Front Windows, 90% Ceramic Windshield Tint, 5% Banner, AntennaMast Stubby Antenna, Predator Step Bars, Skid Plate with Integrated Step, Line-X Spray in Bed Liner, Blacked Out Badges, Mirrors and Door Handles, Black Bedside Decals, Bak Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover, Swing Case Tool Boxes, DIY Tailgate Lock, Deck Rail System, Recon Smoked LED Tail Lights With LED Reverse Lights, Smoked Vinyl Wrapped Cargo Light, LED License Plate, Cargo, and 3rd Brake Lights, Dirty Deeds 8" BAMuffler, Black Powder Coated Front and Rear Bumpers, TRD Rear Sway Bar.
    I added a 2.5 in leveling kit but didn’t change anything else

7. Apr 1, 2018 at 5:06 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    if I were you, get the 295/70/18. you will need a 2" lift front though (can be done on the cheap with spacers or upgraded to coil overs). Minor trimmings on plastics mostly.

jaredmillerdvm likes this.
  8. Apr 1, 2018 at 5:13 PM
    jaredmillerdvm

Member:
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    this is exactly what I did but did not use spacers and still no rubbing but did have to trim some plastic.

9. May 13, 2018 at 3:38 PM
    Rngr188

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Harrison AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 1794 MGM TRD OR
    Thanks to the responses I'm thinking 295/70 AT2 Extreme on my stock OR wheels. As soon as I can find some 6112's in stock I'd like to do the 1.9" setting with a shim on each side. Still got a few miles left on the factory Michelins so by late summer the shocks will hopefully be available and I can get some tires.

10. Sep 12, 2019 at 7:12 AM
    JTSpradlin

JTSpradlin New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Skysilver 5.7L Gas
    AFE Stage 2 Pro Intake; Throttle body Helix; Toyota TRD True Dual Exhaust; 4" Ready Lift SST suspension lift; 295/70/R18 Toyo AT II Tires on stock wheels
    (2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crewmax TRD Offroad) I run the Toyo AT2 Extreme 295/70R18 on my stock wheels. I had to add the 1" wheel spacers to reduce rubbing the skid plate when turned inward. I have a 4" Ready Lift SST suspension lift in the truck. It looks like a stock 3/4 ton and fills out the wheel wells much better.

Products Discussed in

To Top