1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Topper Reinforcement

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by AstroDude, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Aug 4, 2019 at 4:58 PM
    AstroDude

AstroDude [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4
    Ironman 4x4 3.5" lift Stoptech drill and slotted rotors RRW 0 offset rims BMC 35" K02s TrailToys High Clearance Rear Bumper Steel and Kevlar braded brake lines Front diff drop UpTop Overland Rack RoofNest Falcon XL Roadshower 4L IronMan4x4 Awning IronMan4x4 Privacy Tent Custom built bed molle panel (because they don't make them for crew cabs)
    I've been searching almost all over the placed for this...topper reinforcement (?) thing. I can't seem to find it. I messaged the girl that had it but she hasn't said anything.

I don't know what to call it. Do y'all think it's custom? If so, how much do you think it would cost to make? If its $1500 its worth it.

Rhino rails with installation I'll spend about $1100. I'm good with working on cars and what not but I dont feel confident riveting things into the roof.

Capture+_2019-08-04-10-21-11~2.jpg

2. Aug 4, 2019 at 5:03 PM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    Id say that it’s custom. Do a search for Kevin Costner’s tundra. It has a similar custom rack made by some place in TX. The place is in some of the articles.

I riveted rails to my roof. So far no issues or leaks. I did go through 5 rivet guns though cause they kept breaking.

3. Aug 4, 2019 at 5:07 PM
    AstroDude

AstroDude [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4
    Ironman 4x4 3.5" lift Stoptech drill and slotted rotors RRW 0 offset rims BMC 35" K02s TrailToys High Clearance Rear Bumper Steel and Kevlar braded brake lines Front diff drop UpTop Overland Rack RoofNest Falcon XL Roadshower 4L IronMan4x4 Awning IronMan4x4 Privacy Tent Custom built bed molle panel (because they don't make them for crew cabs)
    Yeah I tried searching the forms but I think I wasn't searching the right wordology. I'll take a look into it and see what it costs.

Yeah I'm just going to pay someone $300 and not have to go through 10 rivet guns.

Products Discussed in

To Top