1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Cofeemud, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Aug 27, 2020 at 7:48 PM
    Cofeemud

Cofeemud [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anyone wish they should have bought a hard top trifolds tonneau cover instead of a less expensive soft top trifold. It's $250 vs $500 but I'd rather buy it once. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Aug 27, 2020 at 8:11 PM
    Cheesy1

Cheesy1 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 CrewMax TSS
    I bought a cheap Tyger roll up for $150 on Amazon for my 2020. My first tonneau after 26 years of at least one truck. I like it. I bought the cheap one to see how I’d like it. Zero complaints a year into it.

AggiePhil likes this.
  3. Aug 27, 2020 at 8:43 PM
    Cofeemud

Cofeemud [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Does it have strong vibration while driving 70 miles/hour, on freeway, etc... I thought about soft roll up as I can use the full bed but not sure if i have to roll all the way back every time will eventually get to me or not.

4. Aug 27, 2020 at 9:01 PM
    Cheesy1

Cheesy1 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 CrewMax TSS
    The Tyger has a kind of over center latch that tightens the material in the direction of travel. There are adjustments in this to make it tighter or looser. I haven’t adjusted it since installation.

For side to side there is full length Velcro in each side. I tighten one side down. Then go to other side and do a good pull and stretch.

There are 3 bars that cross the bed to put a little arch to it.

I’ve noticed zero vibration when closing it up properly. If I didn’t pull tight on the Velcro it might vibrate a little, but nothing loud or tearing itself up.

My wife has stolen my truck several times. I’ll get home and see it rolled up behind the cab. She never uses the hooks and straps to keep it rolled up. Everything here is highway driving to get to our house. 70+ mph. Even without being strapped down in the rolled up position, the rolled up cover is still tight and rolled up.

I won’t say it’s 100% water tight. But it’s very close. A garden hose on outside and me in inside could likely track down the areas if weeping. I’ve had suitcases back there and driven through rain storms with no wet clothes to deal with.

AggiePhil likes this.
  5. Aug 27, 2020 at 9:08 PM
    Cofeemud

Cofeemud [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Thank you for your insight. That's very helpful

Products Discussed in

To Top