1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau Cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by beachy24, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM
    beachy24

beachy24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am trying to decide on a tonneau cover for my truck. I am leaning towards the Bak Revolver x2 rolling cover. Amy suggestions or comments?

Pudge likes this.
  2. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:04 AM
    alpinepro4

alpinepro4 What is your MPG Today!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro Cement DC
    Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fog lights, ARE CX Series Topper, Alcan Springs , DAP Tune, Coach Builder +1 Shackles, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED bulbs, HR LED interior bulbs. General Grabber ATX 275/70/R18
    You have a Crewmax for Double Cab?

3. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:11 AM
    beachy24

beachy24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    yes, crewmax

4. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:13 AM
    MatthewPTguy

MatthewPTguy Not a new member

Member:
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 5.7 DC TRD MGM
    Borla dual cat back exhaust system, K&N replacement air filter, Headlight Revolution 40" Stealth LED light bar, Headlight Revolution LED fog light replacement bulbs, Line X bed liner, de-badge
    I don’t know anything about the revolver , but I have the Bakflip mx4 and I’m pretty satisfied with it.

5. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:14 AM
    alpinepro4

alpinepro4 What is your MPG Today!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro Cement DC
    Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fog lights, ARE CX Series Topper, Alcan Springs , DAP Tune, Coach Builder +1 Shackles, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED bulbs, HR LED interior bulbs. General Grabber ATX 275/70/R18
    Ahh.. Bummer I have a great cover for sale but it's for double cab could save you a few $$

6. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:14 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    I have the UNDERCOVER SE one piece, it came with the truck since I bought mine used, remember the video Tetris? You have to layer blocks, what I have to do when I pack up things, I like it, does it's job

7. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:22 AM
    beachy24

beachy24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you for your replies. Appreciate it.

8. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:44 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I have the revolver X2 and I love it. My buddy has had them on his last 2 trucks and recommended it to me. I've had a few other types on other trucks myself and this is by far the best.
    Make sure you order for with or without beddrail system depending on if you have the OEM bed track system.
    Try autoanything and click on the chat box. You can actually barter down the price quite a bit.

9. Jun 16, 2018 at 9:46 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Took me about an hour to install it.

I have not had to remove it for any reason so I can't chime in on how easy it is to do. It rolls up pretty close to cab so I think having to take it off should be a rare occasion.

They are strong too. I walk and stand on mine to wash the top of my truck. No issues there.
    And it keeps everything dry, some water drips in near the tailgate but it's very little. Even when washing the truck. I'd consider is water tight.

10. Jun 16, 2018 at 10:20 AM
    beachy24

beachy24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    lol...I received your message after I placed my order for this exact product. I have been pricing them online for hours and was able to find one a bit cheaper. Thank you for the website also, I checked with them and was able to get a price within $1.00 of what I paid. But then I called the other company I purchased through (tonneau factory outlet) and received an additional discount for Father's Day. Thank you for the review of it also. I like the rolling effect of it instead of the fold up.

Pudge likes this.
  11. Jun 16, 2018 at 10:21 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Yes sir
    You're gonna love it man. Wise purchase.

12. Jun 16, 2018 at 10:22 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Stick around here. You'll find a lot of helpful people and tips and reviews and many many ways to spend money :)

13. Jun 16, 2018 at 3:52 PM
    treihing

treihing MAGA

Member:
    First Name:
    TR
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black Limited CrewMax
    I am looking as well. I was going to get an MX4 but after reading about the longevity issues with the product I scratched it off my list. Does a solid flush mount tonneau exist?

14. Jun 17, 2018 at 7:43 AM
    obgod3

obgod3 New Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Limited
    I had the extang solid fold, eventually all the panels came out of the frame, over a period of 8 years. PLus I preferred something I didn’t have to remove every time I loaded my dirt bike up. I got the Bak X4 roll type cover, I really like it, easy to install, better looking than my old Solid fold than sat on top of the rails. But if your looking for a solid flush mount look at the MX4. I just didnt want to block the rear window when it was folded up.

Products Discussed in

To Top