1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on getting suspension (lift) work done at Toyota dealership?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by power80, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Oct 2, 2018 at 3:25 PM
    power80

power80 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    What are your thoughts on getting a lift, shims and a carrier bearing drop kit installed at a Toyota dealership? My thoughts are this- If I have the work done there, my history is on file forever. As in, if anything at all were to go wrong with sensors, driveline etc etc, they might just chalk it up to "this is caused by you modifying your suspension and therefor, we are not going to honor your warranty claim". I want to have the work done at the dealership for simplicity...they can complete the work and then just roll the truck onto the alignment rack and be done with it. I don't have a lot of spare time to run the truck all over town.
    Thoughts?

Black Wolf likes this.
  2. Oct 2, 2018 at 3:27 PM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    It would be more $$$ than doing it yourself.

zcarpenter92 and joonbug like this.
  3. Oct 2, 2018 at 3:50 PM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    The aren’t any off road shops where I live. The only local shop that sells lifts for all trucks is a ford dealer. So yes I had a ford dealer install it. Mostly for the same reason you stated, don’t want it in the system saying - installed customer supplied parts and lift.

power80[OP] likes this.
  4. Oct 2, 2018 at 4:04 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    What are they charging for install? And did they mention if the lift will void any parts of the warranty, whether they install or you install yourself? I installed my lift myself and my dealership already told me the next CV boot I tear will not be covered.

Law323 and dcsleeper408 like this.
  5. Oct 2, 2018 at 4:17 PM
    polymerhead

polymerhead New Member

Member:
    Just because a dealer does the work doesn’t mean they won’t contest the results if it causes premature wear or malfunction. Multiple examples of Dealers installing lifts here and then denying to address TSS issues. There is no factory lift. Unless you’re installing TRD parts, you need to understand if the Dealer will warranty the parts and install, because your factory warranty might not cover it.

6. Oct 2, 2018 at 4:19 PM
    power80

power80 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    This is my point and purpose of the post...

7. Oct 2, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    power80

power80 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    $260 for front driver strut shim, carrier bearing and rear shackles. Didn't mention anything about warranty. What setup do you have? Is it extreme relatively speaking?

8. Oct 2, 2018 at 4:36 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    I changed everything. Front coilovers, rear shocks, leaf springs. I would ask them how your warranty will be affected if they install your stuff. I doubt it, but if they say your warranty won’t be affected, get it in writing and have them install. If they say it’ll void affected parts, I’d probably just go elsewhere.

Law323 and dcsleeper408 like this.
  9. Oct 2, 2018 at 4:39 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun MGM XP-Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM XP-Series CrewMax 4x4
    I asked my local dealer to install a leveling kit, and they did not want to do it because of the TSS sensor concerns. I told them that other dealers install it and the service manager just refused. So, I guess it depends where you go.

10. Oct 2, 2018 at 6:21 PM
    TundraBilly

TundraBilly New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport
    Wireless charging center armrest mod 2 3/4 Rough Country front level kit Firestone Ride Rite rear airbags 33x12.50.20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires Debadge IFORCE emblems 20% window tint Blue led interior and ambient footwell lights
    I have a 2019 that I want to put a 3inch level and the front and firestone ride rite airbags in the rear. Do I still need a 1 inch block in the rear?

11. Oct 2, 2018 at 6:23 PM
    Blueknights75

Blueknights75 040 IS THE FASTEST

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Clayton, NC
    Vehicle:
    18’ TRD CM leveled with 295/70 Ridge Grapplers
    Just had my 5K mike service performed at the dealership. I asked about a leveling kit and they said they would be happy to install it. There is a 4WD Parts store located a mile down the road from the dealership here in Raleigh. Was advised by the Toyota service manager that they would purchase and install anything that 4WD parts carries and would warranty the work along with advising that whatever lift I decide to go with would not void any of my warranty. I was too afraid to ask for how much they would charge though.

equin, power80[OP] and Boerseun like this.
  12. Oct 3, 2018 at 6:25 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Unless you want a Cali lean, then yes.

Shackles would be an option also.

TundraBilly[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top