1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tailgate Removal Issues

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by vanthesupreme, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mar 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM
    vanthesupreme

vanthesupreme [OP] I'm Batman

Member:
    OKlahoma
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra
    I was trying to remove my tailgate and I was able to free up the right hand side, but the left hand side would not come out. Am I missing a step somewhere?

2. Mar 12, 2019 at 1:34 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Don’t forget to unplug the camera. There is a little plug in your glove box to protect it from the elements if you leave it unplugged. Once you tilt the gate so that the right side will come off you will need to slide it to the right to get it off.

3. Mar 12, 2019 at 1:37 PM
    vanthesupreme

vanthesupreme [OP] I'm Batman

Member:
    OKlahoma
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I wasn't tilting it up far enough.

4. Aug 6, 2020 at 10:58 PM
    GCanuck

GCanuck Member since 2020

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    BC,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC MGM TRD Sport
    TRD Swaybars. Line-X bed liner. Toyota Tri-fold Tonneau. N-fab side bars. TRD cold air. AMP bed extender. Rough Country Level kit. BFG A/T K02. RCI Skids. OEM Tow mirrors. TRD exhaust
    I was just opening my tailgate today and it came off when I didn’t want it to! Caught me by surprise and luckily no damage. I’m still trying to figure out what I did.

Products Discussed in

To Top