1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sync to phone music

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by happycamper, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Sep 23, 2020 at 5:57 PM
    happycamper

happycamper [OP] New Member

Member:
    16 Tundra SR5 TRD
    Hey there ya'll,
    I have a 16' TRD that I want to listen to my phone music thru' the audio in my truck. I have heard that a 16 is too old to use the app to do this...... I dont see the little hole you plug in the audio plug to usually do this so can it be done? So sick of driving thru' the mountains and having nothing to listen to. Does this mean I have to get a whole new sound system with the new whatever its called to sync with phones? Have android phone just FYI.

2. Sep 23, 2020 at 8:06 PM
    BrandonL812

BrandonL812 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Sequoia LTD
    Rx350 retrofitted, Morimoto Led fogs. interior and exterior leds swap. TRD drop in filter. Carbon filter delete. Led DRL panels. TRD Shift knob.
    Does your radio not have Bluetooth? 2016 is still new. So you should be able to stream music from your phone to the radio.

Bob_Wiley likes this.
  3. Sep 23, 2020 at 8:28 PM
    Bob_Wiley

Bob_Wiley I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful...

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black SR5 Crewmax 5.7 FFV
    I have a ‘16 SR5 and just connect through Bluetooth. Does yours not have that? I thought it was standard on all 3rd gens but maybe I’m wrong.

4. Sep 24, 2020 at 10:20 AM
    happycamper

Member:
    16 Tundra SR5 TRD
    From the look of the book I dont have the premium audio. I have bluetooth since I can use the audio for calls. I need to take some time to read the manual to see how I can connect my music to it. I thought I read on here somewhere a while back that you had to use some sort of app but apparently it was not correct. OH! I know what it was for, navigation it was for some sort of app...... since mine does not have the nav i read you needed to use an app. Just dont know which one it is, the one I tried did not support a 16 Tundra.

5. Sep 24, 2020 at 10:55 AM
    BrandonL812

BrandonL812 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Sequoia LTD
    Rx350 retrofitted, Morimoto Led fogs. interior and exterior leds swap. TRD drop in filter. Carbon filter delete. Led DRL panels. TRD Shift knob.
    You should have a bluetooth audio icon on your radio. If you can call you can stream music.
    As far as navigation goes, you use your phone as the navigation device. You can download google maps, waze, or iphone map. Whichever you prefer. Once connected through bluetooth, your navigation voice guidance will play through the car's speakers.

TOYOTRD8 and Bob_Wiley like this.
  6. Sep 24, 2020 at 11:08 AM
    happycamper

Member:
    16 Tundra SR5 TRD
    Hi Brandon, I use Google maps, sometimes waze. I"ll give it a try tomorrow to see how to connect my music. Thanks for clarification!

BrandonL812 likes this.
  7. Sep 24, 2020 at 11:47 AM
    TOYOTRD8

TOYOTRD8 New Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2017 TUNDRA SR5 TRD OFF-ROAD
    TRD Pro Grilled, Color match bumper end caps, OEM LED headlights, MX4 Bed cover, GoRhino RB20,TRS LED Fog Lights, Camburg leveling kits, SR8 wheels, STT Pro tires 295/70/18 and heritage decal.
    Are you able to connecting to Bluetooth and talk over Bluetooth in your car? If so then you can listen from an apps like Spotify music or whatever apps you used.

below video is showing you how to pairing your phone Bluetooth to your head unit.
    https://youtu.be/9_c80iy_S2g

step 2: once you established your Bluetooth connection then you can stream music from your phone.

go to source on your entune touch screen and select Bluetooth and then select device to play from on your phone, like Spotify. Hopefully that helps.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Bob_Wiley and BrandonL812 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top