1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sway bar end link fabrication questions?

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by shorty8341, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Feb 24, 2017 at 8:28 PM
    shorty8341

shorty8341 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Springfield MO
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Added TRD PRO 18 in wheels, and TRD dual exhaust. More to come.
    Ok guys I have put the bilstien 5100 leveling struts on my truck, and put them all the way up 2 1/2in lift. Now I keep snapping my sway bar end links, and my sway bar is at a bad angle on the stock end links. I have searched for extended or adjustable links but no luck. So fab your own right... Now I'm thinking of using a left hand thread heim 12mm hole to bolt to the frame. weld a steel tube to a tube adapter 3/4in. with a right hand thread stud 10mm out the top to the sway bar. I hope this all makes sense. Has anyone made something similar? and if so do you have any suggestions.

2. Feb 24, 2017 at 8:57 PM
    CM-LENNY

CM-LENNY No Complaints

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 CrewMax SR5
    PRO shocks, 37's Nitto G2's 4:88 diffs, few other mods
    I have a 3rd gen that I looked at the same project. Need to be careful with any interference issues with a longer link near the shock etc. I just made a 1" solid spacer where the sway mounts at the frame. Keep in mind, a 2-1/2" lift is at the tires. The amount of lift where the sway mounts to the A-arm is much less, hence the need for only 1" block at frame. Mine is very close to the angle as stock. Just posted it today in the "what have you done to your 3rd gen today" thread. Take a look.

joonbug and NewImprovedRon like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top