1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Subwoofer Problems -2017 JBL OEM

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tinyt1553, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Jun 4, 2018 at 8:19 AM
    tinyt1553

tinyt1553 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 CM - Magnetic Gray
    Exterior: POP & Lock Power Tailgate lock BakFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover Rhino Bed Liner Swapped OEM Halogen Fogs with Formula-J87 LED 6000k bulbs Rough Country 60" Tailgate LED lightbar 6" rubber stub antenna Interior: Front Emblem Camera with anytime backup cam, Crux Vimty-05 for Vehicle in Motion Override Center console wireless charging Verizon Hotspot in center console Chromecast to OEM head-unit display ESP Rear Seat 3 Compartment Storage 5% Ceramic tint on rear window and rear doors 18% Ceramic tint on front doors Weathertech rear seat cover (try to take Hank (boxer/pointer mix) with me everywhere I can) In The Works: Upgrade to 2018 OEM LED Headlights VLEDs throughout the rear (turns, brakes, highmount 3rd brake and cargo) GRT Lighting LED's to replace all interior bulbs Future Wishlist: Swap OEM Head-unit with Kenwood DNX994S and use iDataLink Maestro RR to integrate OEM backup cam, OEM USBs, OEM Aux input, etc AMP-Research Power Sidesteps Train (air) horn
    I've got a '17 1794 with JBL OEM system. My sub keeps randomly not working for days/weeks at a time and then will randomly come back on. I've check the connections on the back of the head unit, the connections at the amp, and the sub, everything seems secure. So a few questions: Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the '17 JBL system? I've heard that all of the speakers run off of the amp on the JBL system and that there's only a data connection between the head unit and amp (is this true)? Anybody else having this issue? Suggestions to solve?

2. Jun 7, 2018 at 7:23 PM
    Toyotoholic

Toyotoholic -4Life-

Member:
    First Name:
    Jmz
    Vehicle:
    17' MGM
    Pro suspension, sways
    Yes,

It has a mind of it own, and it is REALLY DUMB.
    I had to go aftermarket

Products Discussed in

To Top