1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel locked

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Racingjohndeere55, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Aug 10, 2019 at 10:24 AM
    Racingjohndeere55

Racingjohndeere55 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have the wheels turned all the way to the right. The steering wheel locked and I mean locked. There is no play either way .... right now it's a 6000 lBS flower planter......

2. Aug 10, 2019 at 10:25 AM
    Squatting Pigeon

Squatting Pigeon Squattingpigeon.com Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Holden
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    GR Corolla
    This might sound pretty basic, but did you jiggle the key while nudging the wheel back and forth?
    Sometimes the wheel lock gets hung up on mine and that's what it takes.
    :notsure:

T-Rex266 and 15whtrd like this.
  3. Aug 10, 2019 at 10:26 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Whatever direction you have the wheel turned in, turn it hard in that direction and try to turn the key. Is it up against a curb or something like that?

4. Aug 10, 2019 at 10:28 AM
    Racingjohndeere55

Member:
    No, I was cleaning the insides and turned the steering wheel to clean behind it and click. I jacked up the front end to get the tires off the ground. That didnt help. There isn't a spongy side to it. It is hard locked both directions

5. Aug 10, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Like you’re at the last notch. I have a habit of turning the wheel full lock in one direction and always backing off a tad. I’m sure this doesn’t help now but maybe in the future it will be in the back of your mind when you stop the truck. I wish I had more insightful information for you. Is it possible for you to pull up the little tab on the steering column and get the truck in neutral? Maybe rolling a little bit could help if you have the room.

Trooper2 and Wynnded like this.
  6. Aug 10, 2019 at 10:40 AM
    Racingjohndeere55

Member:
    Sean, that was the ticket. I backed it up a couple feet and it broke loose. Thanks man!

7. Aug 10, 2019 at 11:25 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Awesome! Glad you got it bro!

Products Discussed in

To Top