1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel cover vs replacement

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by calitundrajc, May 22, 2023.

1. May 22, 2023 at 10:22 PM
    calitundrajc

calitundrajc [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    I have a 2007 DC limited. I was waiting for the replacement tundra, but so disappointed on the new DC that I am just going to keep mine awhile longer. Anyways, my truck has the leather steering wheel from the factory. It is OK, but just looking to upgrade, since I will be driving it longer. I see Lockney makes some nice covers, but I have two questions since I can't find the answers
    1. The area where the leather goes under the spokes is really tight. Would I remove the factory leather before installing the new cover?
    2. Toyota decided on a chocolate brown for the steering wheel and airbag. It looks like the only option is black as the brown on the lockney site is to light. Anyone do this and does it look bad with a black steering wheel?
    The other option is to replace the steering wheel with one on eBay, but it is the same. Black vs a chocolate brown airbag.

20230522_152915.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 30, 2023 at 6:49 PM
    StrickNine

StrickNine New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    2012 SR5, Small lift
    Following

Products Discussed in

To Top