1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel command button doesn't work

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Lexidad974, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Oct 3, 2021 at 5:37 PM
    Lexidad974

Lexidad974 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tindra Double Cab
    I installed a JVC KW 250 BT radio in my 2013 Tundra. When I press the voice command button on the steering wheel the radio goes to a screen I don't recognize and my Samsung S10 that is connected by Bluetooth goes straight to Bixby. Anyone know how to fix this so that I can use the command button to make a phone call, to look for a radio station, etc?

2. Oct 3, 2021 at 5:51 PM
    jhardy1979

jhardy1979 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2015 Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    Did you also install something to keep your steering wheel controls like a maestro idatalink? I know with it you can customize what each button does.

3. Oct 3, 2021 at 6:23 PM
    Lexidad974

Lexidad974 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tindra Double Cab
    Yes, I used a Crux box to keep the steering wheel controls active. All the other steering controls work except the answer & hang up phone functions, and the voice command button. I got the Crux box from Crutchfield. Called them and found out I had it programmed right but still doesn't work properly as noted. When I double press the command button on the steering wheel my Samsung S10 phone that is Bluetooth connected to the radio goes straight to Bixby function. This is kind of weird, and crutchfield was not certain what was happening. The only other way I think I could get this to work would be to buy another Crux box that I think cost as much as the radio. Still confused.

4. Oct 4, 2021 at 2:07 AM
    NueveTundra

NueveTundra Mod list in Bio

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    07, Black Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Exterior: Toytec ultimate 3" lift level, Total Chaos Uniball UCA's, Total Chaos Cam Tab Gusset kit, AcanII smoked headlights, AcanII smoke Tail lights (2.5 gen style), DV8 front winch bumper , Badlands 12k winch with Apex Synthetic, White AUTMATCH Shackles 3/4" D Ring Shackle, Apex Winch shackle, Trail Ridge mirrors ,Icon Rebound Pro 17"x8.5" +25, Cooper Discovery STT Pro 285/70R17, PowerStop drilled n slotted rotors W/Carbon pads, Rigid flood flush mounts rear bumper , WeatherTec rain guards , OEM black side badges , Rigid Amber Radiance Pods. Energy Suspension Red Rack and Pinion Bushings, EAG front mesh Grille, RCI HighLift bed mounts. Rough Country DS2 Steps, A.R.E OverLand Canopy with Ascend basket, Stickers: ToyTec lifts windshield banner, Red Strange Music window sticker(back cab), White Strange Music sticker(back canopy), White Rigid sticker x2 (canopy sides), white Official BigFoot Research Team (Back Canopy) Interior: Alpine double din touch iLX-650 , JL C5-653's (front) JL C1-650x (rear) , JL JX400 4 channel amp , JL JX500 mono amp , 2 JL 12" subs , WeatherTec floor mats, Kenwood F/R Dash Cams, Black steering wheel emblem overlay, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, ToyTec "Fresh" Scent coilover air freshener, Under the Hood: Koyo all aluminum radiator, Mishimoto red silicon hoses , XS Power 3000 amp battery , LAlectric 300 amp Alternator , K&N replacement filter. Online LED store accessories Fuse/relay box. (Identified) Dirty Deeds 8" Cat back exhaust with DD resonator delete/axel over converted into dump. Coming soon:
    can you not use Bixby to make a command?
    try disabling Bixby on the phone an see what happens.
    and what exactly in the prefect world would pushing the steering wheel button supposed to do instead?

thinking of it from using my N9 on my head unit in the past. do you have your phone connected by usb and BlueTooth? if not try that. I remember my HU being weird like that with android auto , I can definitely say Apple paly works better on mine but miss my N9 :(

Products Discussed in

To Top