1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stealership review?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Stumpjumper, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Nov 9, 2017 at 7:19 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    What kind of review would you give a dealership that tried, not once but twice, to add a bullshit $599 charge to the agreed upon price? Dealer tried this with me before I took delivery and had them take it off then it re-appeared on final paperwork. Neither finance guy could tell me what it was for. I gave them the lowest possible rating on Yelp and will be doing my Toyota Care elsewhere because I no longer trust them.

Sunnier likes this.
  2. Nov 9, 2017 at 7:44 AM
    kenomouth64

kenomouth64 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Sr5 4x4 (TRD Off Road) Crewmax 5.7L
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
    Sounds like the typical Stealership to me. I have not found a good one yet. Some are better than others, but for the most part they are all out to make as much money as possible, even if they have to F$$k someone over to do it. The first time I went and bought a vehicle from a dealership they added over $3500 in extra fees I did not know would be on there. I was young and naive so I just paid them the money they wanted.

I should have bought it from an individual.

At least the vehicle has been reliable and is actually worth more (currently) than I owe on it!

Sunnier likes this.
  3. Nov 9, 2017 at 7:46 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    You may know this already. Toyota will send you a survey to ask about your purchase experience with this dealer. If you rate them low, it affects how much they (don't) get paid from Toyota. (Dealers get paid whatever mark-up they can get a purchaser to pay, plus paid by Toyota, based on their sales volume AND their aggregate customer service rating.)

This is such a big deal to dealers, some have gotten in trouble for making deals with purchasers that include a promise to give all top scores-- they do this because, if they manipulate their customer satisfaction scores, they get a much higher payout from Toyota, more than the per-vehicle mark-up they could push to a buyer. Anyway, marking them low on Toyota's customer satisfaction survey will let Toyota know about their shady practices, and possibly cost them thousands of dollars-- but will pretty much guarantee you'll need to avoid this dealer For.eh.ver.

MotoTundra likes this.
  4. Nov 9, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Hold the survey over their head. Ask them to hook you up with some accessories to make it right or your survey will reflect your feelings.

TheBeast likes this.
  5. Nov 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I do not like to fill out surveys and normally refuse to. When I bought my Tacoma in 2013 the sales guy called and said if I do they would fill my tank. Back then gas was much higher and I waited until the tank was almost empty. In this case I wrote the sales lady an email and listed about 5 things including the fact that this dealership does not follow some normal procedures that I am use to. In addition to the attempt at ripping me off there was no no pre-delivery checklist, delivery inspection was me and sales person in the parking lot, and no introductions to anyone at the dealer except the finance guys. It was like just give us your money. I have only had one correspondence from anyone at the dealer other that sales lady. Someone else sent me an email saying that I would get a packet on Toyota Care. 2 months and nothing. Sales lady said if I fill out a survey giving them an unfavorable rating she will lose $300. I need to check my spam folder because I have seen nothing from Toyota. Oh, and I gave them a bad review on Yelp which normally draws a call from their customer care person. I think in my case the finance guy was just doing as instructed and they do not give a rat's behind.

6. Nov 9, 2017 at 11:13 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Check your email, you should have received it within 2 weeks or so of the purchase.

7. Nov 9, 2017 at 11:24 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    I also avoid filling out surveys, "liking" products online-- anything that feeds the algarythm. In my case though, I had the opposite experience to you: my dealer made N0 money off me on the purchase side. Because of this, I wanted to help them with their tiered pay from the dealer, so I ignored a couple of b.s. feedback points I might have shared otherwise, and hooked 'em up with all top ratings. I have no regrets because they really did do me better than I could ever expect again. And for a truck that was really hard to get by the time o was ready to buy.

Also... no one at the dealer told me how the customer satisfaction ratings are tied to what Toyota pays the dealerships for each sale; I learned this from one of my coworkers who has family in the dealership industry. Anyway, because it was quid-pro-quo without actual quid-pro-quo, I chose to use the questionnaire this way. Because of this, I know you that if you do the opposite, it will cause them to look closely at their practices... and will cost that dealer a hell of a lot more than -$300.

Products Discussed in

To Top