1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stage Series Reverse Light Kit for 2022 Toyota Tundra | Diode Dynamics

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundra Parts Marketplace (2022+)' started by Diode Dynamics, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Jan 31, 2023 at 1:38 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics [OP] New Member

Member:
    [​IMG]

Diode Dynamics is excited to introduce our Stage Series Reverse Light Kit for the 2022 Toyota Tundra!

Overview Video (Coming soon): https://www.youtube.com/diodedynamics

[​IMG]
    This kit is available with our SSC1 Sport/Pro or SSC2 Sport/Pro LED Pods

There's plenty of ways to add light behind your Tundra, but the new Stage Series Reverse Light Kit stands out with innovations in both function and ease of use. This kit includes an integrated red running light, and plug-and-play wiring harness, for trouble-free installation! Thanks to Stage Series TIR optic technology, this kit provides a huge amount of extra reverse light. The included switch allows you to toggle it on any time, or activate it automatically with your reverse lights, for a truly integrated solution.

[​IMG]

Plug and Play. Thanks to custom-molded OEM connectors, this kit is completely plug-and-play. The included adapter harness plugs right into your factory trailer hitch wiring for easy installation and operation. No cutting, drilling, or additional wiring needed! The kit operates as an additional red accent light, with your tail lights, and then automatically switches to a high-power backup light when your vehicle is in reverse. If you would like to have override functionality to manually turn on the main beam anytime, you will need to purchase the universal universal backup harness.

In the Box:
    • Two (2) SSC1 or SSC2 Standard LED Pods
    • One (1) Trailer Reverse Light Wiring Harness
    • Mounting hardware
    • Installation guide

Backlight Functionality. The Stage Series LED pods included with this kit feature a distinctive backlight in a vibrant red color which functions as an additional accent light while driving! The backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing a more unique and modern look than the small indicator LEDs found in other products.

[​IMG]

Focused. Traditional optics like reflectors or simple lenses lose light internally and to glare, so not all of the light shines on target. Instead, the custom-engineered TIR optic in our Stage Series pods collects all of the light from the LED, and directs it only where you need it, drastically reducing glare and improving total efficiency.

[​IMG]
    SSC2 Pro LED Pods w/ Flood Optic

Functional Patterns. All Stage Series beam patterns were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern.
    • Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 50x50 degree spread of light on the SSC1 LED pod, and a 60x60 degree spread on the SSC2 LED pod. Unlike generic "flood" lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout.

Sport or Pro. Stage Series LED pods are available at two different power levels. Both options use high-intensity LED emitters, and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. However, the Pro option is double the amount of total power. Click the Specifications tab to see more information!

[​IMG]

Proven Reliability. Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like factory components. They've also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.

If you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to help!

Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST
    Email: contact@diodedynamics
    Phone: 314-205-3033

Did you know? All US forum members are eligible for a FREE SHIPPING code! Just send us a direct message.

John C.
    Diode Dynamics

the_midwesterner, AND and YOTA_IL like this.
  2. Jan 31, 2023 at 4:49 PM
    dano7891

dano7891 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dano
    Vehicle:
    2022 TBD
    Installed mine last weekend! Super easy installation once I figured out how to disconnect the trailer lights connection from inside the bumper. I like the look and extra reverse light. I opted for the larger housing pod and the sport version vs. pro.

PXL_20230128_225437706~2.jpg

Diode Dynamics[OP] likes this.
  3. Feb 1, 2023 at 9:18 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    Glad to hear the installation process went smoothly for you!

The SSC2 configuration looks great on your Tundra.

We hope you're loving them!

dano7891[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Feb 1, 2023 at 4:01 PM
    RazorBuck

RazorBuck New Member

Member:
    I really like these but couldn’t get them to work on my 22’ Tundra. I bought the ss1 pro version. Even after DD sent me a replacement harness we still could not get them to work. Then they sent another replacement harness that was supposed to solve the problem but I received a single output harness which wouldn’t work with the two light set-up. Finally sent everything back frustrated after multiple weeks of troubleshooting. Maybe faulty lights??? Wasn’t offered replacement lights to try. Seeing this advertisement made me feel compelled to share my experience. Would be willing to try again as I believe everyone deserves a second chance. Spent $100 bucks on a license plate reverse light version that works well but I don’t care for the look.

5. Feb 1, 2023 at 5:54 PM
    t300

t300 New Member

Member:
    Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    22tundra
    Cool . But. Appears they stick out quite a bit and look goofy IMO. dano, is it just the pic and they are more flush in person? Would love to have more rear light especially with override. Handy when hooking up trailers.

king.cong.1119 and OnThaLake like this.
  6. Feb 1, 2023 at 6:51 PM
    dano7891

dano7891 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dano
    Vehicle:
    2022 TBD
    The lights aren't much lower than the bed step or the trailer hitch. If I did serious off-road driving I'd have got the flush mount in the bumper version.

t300[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Feb 2, 2023 at 8:58 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    Good morning!

Unfortunately, this is the first time I've heard of this instance. Did you order directly from our team here at Diode Dynamics or an authorized Diode Dynamics retailer?

I've spoken with our customer service team and they don't have any information in our system. Do you have an order number you can provide for us to look into this?

We would love to resolve this issue, as the kit is a rather easy installation and shouldn't have any hiccups along the way with functioning properly.

Additionally, I've informed our customer service team of your issue and are on standby to assist!

314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great Thursday!

8. Feb 2, 2023 at 10:31 AM
    RazorBuck

RazorBuck New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the response. I ordered directly on your website and my order number was
    Your order # is: 2211113409. I was dealing primarily with Conner in customer service in trying to resolve. The RMA was (RT96090). Had several order numbers from the harness shipments trying to resolve the issue. Yea, I was perplexed as to why it wouldn’t work. The red accent light worked but it wouldn’t transition to white when put in reverse. The harness install is about as straight forward as it gets.

9. Feb 2, 2023 at 11:31 AM
    Doxiedad

Doxiedad New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra SR5 TRD Off Road Cavalry Blue
    Looks nice. Any plans for a kit similar to this for 14-21 Tundra? I have the hitch pod light now but something like this would be a better option

10. Feb 2, 2023 at 12:26 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    Technically, if you can locate a factory mounting location or bolt underneath the rear bumper then you can bolt on Stage Series LED pods (C1, C2, SS3) of your choice thanks to the universal mounting bracket.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/off-road-auxiliary-led/led-pods.html

You wouldn't have a 7-pin connector but would use our Reverse Light Wiring Kit:

[​IMG]
    This option allows you to use factory signal or override the factory signals due to the included toggle switch.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/reverse-light-wiring-kit-w-running-light.html

There is also the option to install a flush mount set of pods if you prefer using this wiring harness too!

Checkout this video for more information:

https://youtu.be/nNs9mgGPQGQ

Doxiedad[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Feb 9, 2023 at 8:18 PM
    RazorBuck

RazorBuck New Member

Member:
    Hey Diode Dynamics, wanted to follow up to message above.

12. Feb 10, 2023 at 8:14 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    Good morning!

Have you reached out to our customer service team through email again or given us a call for immediate assistance regarding this matter?

I've brought an alert to our team but sometimes with the number of incoming calls/emails, it can become backlogged by mistake.

Our team will be more than happy to proceed forward with a solution regarding your matter!

314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
    contact@diodedynamics.com

13. Feb 10, 2023 at 12:19 PM
    RazorBuck

RazorBuck New Member

Member:
    Maybe the point of my original message was missing it's mark. I had attempted to troubleshoot with your customer service directly over the course of several weeks and after several shipments of various replacement harnesses we still couldn't get the lights to work so I returned everything for a refund and ultimately bought another brand. As I referenced, I would be willing to try again if the initial problem has been proven to be resolved. I don't want to call into customer service as the issue was resolved with me finally returning for a refund. Frankly, customer service wasn't a great and responsive experience. Anyway, I'll move on as my experience with your company has proven to be quite painful despite really liking the design on your products.

14. Feb 10, 2023 at 1:56 PM
    bballjames

bballjames New Member

Member:
    Inland PNW
    Vehicle:
    22 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Hybrid Crew Max 6.5ft bed
    I had a similar experience on the stealth lightbar. I did a pretty big write up about, but it simply didn't fit. Lots of back and forth with a customer service person and finally just ended at "Well, thanks for the information. Good luck." Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth as they did absolutely nothing to try and make it right. Never even offered to ship a replacement to see if it was a one off issue.

15. Feb 10, 2023 at 2:28 PM
    RazorBuck

RazorBuck New Member

Member:
    My customer service experience was essentially the same. Didn’t offer to send replacement lights just the harnesses. After installing the harnesses three different times I was over it especially when they sent a one light output harness for a two light system. I knew then I was just along for the ride and decided to end it. Shame, I really did like the design especially the two stage lighting system. Was exactly what I was looking for given my situation.

16. Feb 13, 2023 at 2:58 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    Good afternoon,

Do you mind providing me with your order number?

I would be happy to coordinate with our customer service team and assure you're properly taken care of.

This feedback doesn't represent the level of customer service held here at Diode Dynamics and is unacceptable.

Looking forward to hearing back and helping you with this matter!

Thank you.

bballjames[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Feb 13, 2023 at 3:02 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    Just contacted Connor on our customer service team, he noted in the documentation his mistake of providing a single output harness instead of a dual. I understand your frustration with this mistake and excitement intially with our kit.

If you're interested in any Diode Dynamics products in the future, please feel free to email johnc@diodedynamics.com and I will be more than happy to assist you with your Diode Dynamics experience.

Thank you!

manapiko likes this.
  18. Feb 13, 2023 at 7:09 PM
    bballjames

bballjames New Member

Member:
    Inland PNW
    Vehicle:
    22 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Hybrid Crew Max 6.5ft bed
    Yes, happy to. I had ordered from Hotshot Off-road because your website has shown everything out of stock. The order number is
    [​IMG] ORDER #4650

19. Feb 14, 2023 at 8:33 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    Unfortunately, we don't have access to Hotshot Offroad's order information as their an authorized dealer outside Diode Dynamics.

I just send you a direct message requesting your email information to follow up with our team and better assist you!

20. Mar 10, 2023 at 2:34 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCeS6RDzJ68

⌛THE CLOCK IS TICKING... ⌛

NOW
    is your chance to SAVE up to 15% sitewide on your favorite Diode Dynamics LED lighting products.
    Up to 15% OFF LED Lighting Upgrades
    ➡ 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
    10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
    ➡ Free US Shipping on any order over $300!

CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW

[​IMG]

Did you know?
    You can find all of the products we offer for your vehicle using our vehicle finder tool! Simply enter the year, make, and model.

SALE EXPIRES 11:59 P.M. MONDAY, MARCH 13TH, 2023.

Discounts cannot be combined with other offers or any previous orders. Excludes items with pre-order status.

21. Mar 11, 2023 at 4:58 PM
    lesh234

lesh234 New Member

Member:
    Looks good

Diode Dynamics[OP] likes this.
  22. May 25, 2023 at 12:56 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:

Our Memorial Day Sale is LIVE!!! ​

➡ Up to 15% OFF Sitewide
    10% OFF JL/JT Elite Series Headlights
    ➡ Free US Shipping on any orders over $300!

Excluded: F150 Elite Series Headlights, and F150 Elite Series Fog Lights

John C.
    Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Email: contact@diodedynamics.com

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 6/2/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

23. Jun 1, 2023 at 8:50 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:

⏳ WARNING! TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO SAVE! ⏳

Up to 15% OFF All Lighting Upgrades

15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods

10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights

FREE US Shipping on any order over $300!

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop lighting upgrades for your ride!

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 06/02/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon code

John C.

Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Email: contact@diodedynamics.com

24. Jun 30, 2023 at 1:00 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    https://youtu.be/Bv0Hjp6URBw

Ignite your lighting game this July 4th!

20% OFF Single Row Stage Series Light Bars

15% OFF Sitewide

10% JL/JT Elite Series Headlights

Plus, score FREE shipping and a FREE Diode Flag Tee with any purchase over $300!

NO COUPON CODE REQUIRED

➡️
    https://www.diodedynamics.com/ ⬅️​

Excluded: F150 Elite Series Headlights, and F150 Elite Series Fog Lights

Expires at 11:59 p.m., Friday, July, 7th, 2023.

25. Aug 31, 2023 at 12:59 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    https://youtu.be/FbSa-XpQF2I

It's our LAST SALE of the summer!

Save BIG on premium US-assembled lighting sitewide!

The time to upgrade is NOW!

20% OFF Single Row Stage Series Lightbars
    10% OFF Sitewide
    FREE US Shipping on orders over $300!

The sale ends Friday, 9/8.

*Exclusions apply. While supplies last.*

Shop your ride!

https://www.diodedynamics.com/

Did you know?

You can find all of the products we offer for your vehicle using our vehicle finder tool! Simply enter the year, make, and model.

[​IMG]

To Top