1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

St maxx 295 or 275

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Seth_glaser, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Jan 3, 2018 at 8:37 PM
    Seth_glaser

Seth_glaser [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 black trd
    Anyone know if 295 70 18 cooper st maxx will fit on a 2011 with a front leveling kit? And in your opinion would they or a 275 70 18 be a better option?
    Thanks!

2. Jan 4, 2018 at 2:03 AM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Good morning Seth. As Mat stated in the ST Maxx review, it depends on offset and a few other things.
    1- Factory Rim or Aftermarket? What's your offset on the aftermarket. If your running factory rim, then spacers will be needed. I am going that route with a 1.25 Spyder Trek spacer that will bring me off my control arms.
    2- What size leveling kit do you have? 2", 2 1/2", or 3".
    3- As Mat stated in the ST Maxx thread, you will most likely be removing small mudflap piece and perform some massaging on your plastic. Worst case scenario, you might need to trim/modify your skid plate

Imop the 295/70/18 is gonna look better. Also if it were me, I would run the tread off your current tires and get away from that leveling kit and go with a suspension lift.
    Here's a few options priced low to high.
    1- Bilstein 5100's front and rear, fronts are adjustable, and would be a better ride. Around $400+
    2- Old Man EMU, 4x4 only. Mat has this set up and stands by it. Around $850
    3- Bilstein 6112's up front, adjustable to 2 1/2" with 5100's in rear. This is going to be my set up, with 295's. Still might have to modify, but nothing extreme. Around $900, and that's with 6112's assembled.
    4- Same set up as above , but with bilstein 5160's in rear. Better shock and more for off-road. Around $1100. This obliviously is excluding rear lift, block, shackles, leafs, etc.
    5- Toytec Ultimate lift. 3" up front. This kit utilizes the 5100's. Around $1200
    6- Toytec Boss. Up to 3" up front. Heavier duty coil and more options. Around $ 1250+

The list goes on, depends on how deep ur pockets are. I have a leveling kit on mine, been on my Tundra for 3+ years. No complaints really, but time to upgrade. Buy once cry once, meaning save and get everything you want so there's no 2nd guessing or regrets. Hope this helps. There's plenty of suspension experts on here that will help you in anyway. Me I'm not one off them, but I did stayed @ a Holiday inn last night. Haha. I just figured I could get you started on researching these options. Hope this helps and welcome to the Best Tundra Forum running. :thumbsup:

chphilo, PermaFrostTRD and Casper3 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top