1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SR (Factory) Navigation Antenna Solution

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Slag_Dynamics, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Jan 16, 2023 at 8:19 AM
    Slag_Dynamics

Slag_Dynamics [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra
    Fiberglass Mid-Travel Spring Under Axle Boxed and Cross Braced Frame 37’s
    Do you have a 2014-2019 SR Model Tundra?

Did you purchase a later model (Bigger Screen, etc) Entune Head Unit with Navigation, only to realize everything is plug and play but you don’t have a factory GPS antenna?

WELL! This happened to me too.

I searched the Internet for a solution and only found universal Amazon work-arounds that did not use a factory style connector and were just held in place by friction. I read several threads where people had used them without issue, but I wanted something more secure.

The factory Tundra GPS Antennas were $250+ on EBay and I exponentially more through the dealer.

I did some research on the connector and came to find (as expected) a lot of Lexus models utilize the same style GPS connector on their Antennas.

I searched EBay for the best deal on a Lexus GPS Antenna with the WHITE connector I could find.

I found a decent deal (Average Price is Approx. $60 on EBay) on a GPS Antenna out of a 2015-2017 Lexus RC-F (Part Number: 86860-53070)

The part arrived with a plastic mounting tray and the Antenna mounted to a piece of metal. The antenna plugged directly into the back of the stereo and I mounted it on the tray behind the stereo under the speaker grill in the dash. I turned the stereo on and it immediately began searching for GPS signal. I drove around a bit and the GPS calibrated after about 10 or so miles and is extremely accurate.

LONG STORY SHORT:

A GPS Antenna out of a 2015-2017 Lexus RC-F (Part Number: 86860-53070) will work, plug and play, in a 2014-2019 Toyota Tundra.

Hopefully this helps someone.

**Also, I ended up winning the bid on a second one if anyone is interested in purchasing it from me, shoot me a PM.**

28AE15DC-8C8F-4782-A883-63E255E43789.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top