1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spyder Lights Ubar install questions.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Smdg32, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Feb 23, 2017 at 11:45 AM
    Smdg32

Smdg32 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra crew max TX edition
    Linex front grille, M1Bumper, 7" BDS Suspension with Fox Shocks, Linex Buschwhacker fender flares(Linex), 295/65/r20 Nitto MT, 20" Raceline Mamba, Trd Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech floor liners, Spyder Ubar smoked headlights & Taillights, Tonno Pro hard bed cover, Recon extended range antenna, Pioneer head unit, Rockford Fosgate Prime speakers, front/back/dash....More to come
    hey guys bought the headlight taillight set from Sypder for my 2012 CM. received the HL and everything I read says they are PNP, but I see a red and black coming out of the side. Wondering if these are to power the light bar? I thought the parking light powered this light. Little confused so forgive this Army Tankers ignorance. pics belowIMG_2983.jpg IMG_2984.jpg

2. Feb 23, 2017 at 12:44 PM
    Beardedbeast

Beardedbeast New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Killeen TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 tundra crewmax
    ALOT!
    Yes those are the hot and ground for the u bar,tie them into your parking light!

3. Feb 23, 2017 at 1:28 PM
    CaptTyler

CaptTyler Life’s too short to have an ugly boat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Looks good, post pics when they're installed!!!

4. Feb 23, 2017 at 2:09 PM
    AnonVet

AnonVet That's what she said!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Weatherford TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD SR5 CM
    7 inch pro comp 35x12.5 RPB Repulsars (Hate'em) 18x9 Rhino Glamis Bilstein 5100's TRD Pro grille Murdered out Spyder heads Smoked tails Leds all around her Debadged Go Rhino BR5 Front Bumper
    PLEASE post pics when you get the U-bar installed. I was debating these then I switched to wanting LED's and now I want the 2018 trd sports. decisions decisions.

5. Feb 23, 2017 at 2:49 PM
    Smdg32

Smdg32 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    Linex front grille, M1Bumper, 7" BDS Suspension with Fox Shocks, Linex Buschwhacker fender flares(Linex), 295/65/r20 Nitto MT, 20" Raceline Mamba, Trd Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech floor liners, Spyder Ubar smoked headlights & Taillights, Tonno Pro hard bed cover, Recon extended range antenna, Pioneer head unit, Rockford Fosgate Prime speakers, front/back/dash....More to come
    I got them installed just haven't spliced into the driving lights as i had one of my guys here at work help me. Had a problem with one of the two pins it would not sit well and so low beams were not working. I got them in and working and adjusted and they look SWEET!! will get the UBAR spliced in this weekend and post pics. Cannot beat the price also. got them through CARID and I contacted them and they gave me a 10% discount on top of the low price for being a veteran.

6. Feb 23, 2017 at 2:50 PM
    Smdg32

Smdg32 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    Tail lights get here tomorrow so the adventure continues

7. Mar 11, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    JerseyTundra1260

JerseyTundra1260 08 Silver streaking!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Tundra DC Limited 4x4
    Too many to list.....
    Pics... Pics... Pics.... Please. I so on the fence with these.

8. Mar 11, 2017 at 9:57 AM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    yep pics

9. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:02 PM
    Smdg32

Smdg32 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    Sorry guys the wiring got a little tricky as i have some serious wiring going on for the 4 fogs in the M1 bumper, light bar and now ubar and ultimately i screwed it up a bit. my tanker brethren would understand DAT, i felt like one. anyhow i got them installed I will post pics this weekend. I can tell you that i have them wired now that the ubar comes on with running/parking lights and then stays on when lights come on. at night the ubar looks amazing. in the daytime it is very hard to see it lit up. maybe its the not a bright enough LED to light up at day or maybe its the smoked version of the light i got or a mixture of both. Also the halogen projector bulb that comes with it doesn't light up great. i do feel as though i lost a little visibility, but not much. anyway i will post pics soon.

Products Discussed in

To Top