1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sound system install

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Flipmode, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Sep 24, 2020 at 6:01 PM
    Flipmode

Flipmode [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Dayton, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    Cold air intake, LED upgraded lights, 295/70/18 Toyo Open Country M/T.
    Just wanted to give a shout out to James at Tech12Volt. I bought front and back components and a double 10” sub box and sub box with all the wiring. I got the box right away...fedex F’ed up the delivery on the speakers. He didn’t wait long before saying, screw them, I’ll send you new stuff, but I don’t have the original speakers, but I have better and I will upgrade you for free. During the install (took me pretty long because of doing it one handed...broken hand), he answered every question right away. This is the reason I went with him is because I heard the customer service was impeccable...and I was not lied to. Awesome company to deal with and would very very highly recommend them if you are doing this upgrade. By the way, the system sound one millions times better now, so happy now that it’s done. Sorry, didn’t take many pics alone the way.

panicman, jaflynn738 and T-Rex266 like this.
  2. Sep 24, 2020 at 6:03 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
  3. Sep 24, 2020 at 6:08 PM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    I think you mean ABOVE par. Yes?

panicman likes this.
  4. Sep 24, 2020 at 6:16 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    :fistbump:

5. Sep 24, 2020 at 7:18 PM
    MillMatter

MillMatter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 1794 Edition 4x4 CrewMax Super White
    6” pro comp lift, 35x12.50 Toyo R/T, 22” chrome Fuel Hostage, Magnaflow custom dual in dual out exhaust with OEM chrome tips w/ Toyota logo, tint, smooth finish color matched fender flares, color match grille surround and hood bulge, 14-17 TRD Pro grille custom painted all white (letters remain matte silver), classic Toyota tri-color logo in grille (blue color scheme), chrome step bars, Century Sillhouette tonneau, Pendaliner drop in bed liner, custom company graphics, chrome TRD decals custom painted to color match company graphics (blue), ESP under seat storage, center console organizer, BumperShellz color matched front bumper end caps. Tech12Volts/Taylor's Audio Sound System: Kenwood DMX1057XR head unit, Infinity Reference 5-ch amp, Hertz CK165L front, Hertz K170 rear, 2 JL Audio W0 10" subs in ported box behind seat, bass knob.
    Which components and subs did you go with? 5 channel amp to power them all?

6. Sep 24, 2020 at 7:28 PM
    Flipmode

Flipmode [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Dayton, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    Cold air intake, LED upgraded lights, 295/70/18 Toyo Open Country M/T.
    JL Audio dual 10” W0 subs, with hertz 165.3 components in the front, and JL Audio components in the back doors. With a 909W Arc 5-channel amp

7. Sep 24, 2020 at 7:46 PM
    MillMatter

MillMatter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 1794 Edition 4x4 CrewMax Super White
    6” pro comp lift, 35x12.50 Toyo R/T, 22” chrome Fuel Hostage, Magnaflow custom dual in dual out exhaust with OEM chrome tips w/ Toyota logo, tint, smooth finish color matched fender flares, color match grille surround and hood bulge, 14-17 TRD Pro grille custom painted all white (letters remain matte silver), classic Toyota tri-color logo in grille (blue color scheme), chrome step bars, Century Sillhouette tonneau, Pendaliner drop in bed liner, custom company graphics, chrome TRD decals custom painted to color match company graphics (blue), ESP under seat storage, center console organizer, BumperShellz color matched front bumper end caps. Tech12Volts/Taylor's Audio Sound System: Kenwood DMX1057XR head unit, Infinity Reference 5-ch amp, Hertz CK165L front, Hertz K170 rear, 2 JL Audio W0 10" subs in ported box behind seat, bass knob.
    The one complaint I have heard about those Hertz components are that the highs are too sharp for some. How do they sound to you?

8. Sep 25, 2020 at 8:20 AM
    panicman

panicman Everyone remain calm.

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM TRDoffroad MGM
    I have them, and they are pretty sharp. I am playing with the sound settings on my iPhone to get the sound right.

My system was includes a t*c*tunes 5 ch amp, 1x 12” in a ported box, and the Hertz kit from James. The bass can be overwhelming.

*I wish I had bought everything from James.

I set the bass at about half using the sub knob. I set my iPhone EQ to ‘Lounge’. This seems to dull the shrill tweeters and suppress the bass -a bit- and bring the soundstage up.

This tames the tweeters for me.

Anybody using James’ front dash speaker kit?

MillMatter likes this.
  9. Sep 25, 2020 at 8:24 AM
    ToyoMafia

ToyoMafia SSEM #15-3MW-RGBA#?-@toyomafiaworld Vendor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Magic carpet.
    Cool slaps and plastiDip
    I didn’t bother with the dash speakers I really don’t feel like I need them. I already adjusted the gain structure to tame down the rear speakers the tweeter placement is pretty close to your head. Big shout out to @tech12volt I won’t ever go anywhere else.

panicman and MillMatter like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top