1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**SOLD**2014 + Retrofits

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundra Parts Marketplace (2014-2021)' started by Backslider, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 11, 2018 at 7:27 PM
    Backslider

Backslider [OP] Thirsty...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    2022 GMC Sierra AT4 L5P - 2017 4runner SR5P - 2023 Tesla Model 3 LR
    I had these retrofits done for me by a local company and they came out pretty poor. That being said all the parts are brand new and some enterprising young lad might be able to turn this situation into lemonade, or whiskey, or whatever you please.

These were done by a company called HID Retrofit in SLC. They are 100% functional but there are issues with the black paint on the houses, like areas where you can see very small paint runs. The sealant is also pretty bad - it's caked on liberally. I don't know if this will impact how the lights rung or keep moisture out, but if I were going to use them I'd peel much of it off and lay a cleaner, more trustworthy bead of RTV silicone.

These were a brand new pair of Platinum headlights. Leveling motors and all tabs are fully intact. Build list is as follows:

Diode Dynamics LED strip switchback DRLs
    Panamera Shrouds with RGB halos behind
    Morimoto Mini D2S projectors
    Morimoto D2S 35w 6500k HID and all connectors
    RGB remote control
    MGM color matched shroud and side markers
    Flat black housings
    Leveling motors are installed and ready

These aren't perfect and the sealant used is a little sloppy, but they are perfectly functional. I'm in these $1400 (including the cost of headlights) and got some money back from the vendor too via small claims court, so I'm just trying to get even.

ETA: Price

Would like to get $600 for everything. That sets me straight with my accountant..

Will ship on your dime, willing to accept reasonable offers. I would also consider trades.

Will fit Tundra 2014+

Here is a link to the original thread which will show a bunch of pictures of the problems I had with them and why I didn't install them. I want to be fully transparent here..

https://www.tundras.com/threads/are-my-expectations-high-or-is-this-poor-craftsmanship.16217/

20180211_195405.jpg 20180211_195545.jpg 20180211_195750.jpg 20180211_195819.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top