1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So far the Tundra is quite capable

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Mollywood73, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Sep 4, 2017 at 5:43 PM
    Mollywood73

Mollywood73 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Double cab
    I am certain this is old news for the majority of you, but i wanted to comment on the off road ability of my Tundra.
    I had come from a Tacoma which i found just amazing off road. With that said it was bone stock, so my off road was pretty mundane compared to a lot of folks out there. This weekend i took my Tundra to the favored camping spot with friends and loads of gear. This is the place where my Tacoma was so admired by myself and my friends for being able to get places where there trucks were parked or stuck.
    I was concerned going, not knowing its ability, weight, width, if i was going to look the fool, and for just spending a lot of money for a truck that was not going to do or accomplish the tasks' i need to get done.
    Once i put it in 4 low and engage the sequential transmission into 1st, I knew right then and there it was a good buy ! I crawled down the wet grass and leaves, through the creekbed and backed down the path (no room to turn around) everybody including me was smiling.
    The horsepower was really nice, but the low rev torque sealed the deal. My truck came stock with Michelins, a nice road tire, so i expected some tire spin, but to my chagrin i did not spin a tire. I credit the great 4.3 gear ratio at the pumpkins.
    So the first off road test was a great success !

Sunnier, T-Rex266, Y0TA PR0 and 3 others like this.
  2. Sep 4, 2017 at 5:47 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    You've discovered what we've all have at some point, that these are some bad ass trucks!

Welcome from Colorado!

T-Rex266 likes this.
  3. Sep 5, 2017 at 11:08 AM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    The only downside I've noted, as compared to other trucks, is the that the width combined with the soft paint means you need to carry a good pruning saw and hedge loppers with you.

Black Wolf likes this.
  4. Sep 5, 2017 at 11:30 AM
    kurtwp

kurtwp What

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Limited TRD 4x4 Off Road DC
    No need to carry any type of cutters. It will just give you an excuse to paint your Tundra again to the same color or another such as school bus yellow.

Kurt

Black Wolf likes this.
  5. Sep 5, 2017 at 2:59 PM
    Marty McFly

Marty McFly Nobody calls me chicken!! Except when off roading

Member:
    First Name:
    Morty McBoonJug
    McBoonJug = McDonald’s and Moonshine in a Jug
    Vehicle:
    2016 StormTrooper Tundra CrewMax TRD PRO
    Now all you need to do is tow something huge like a boat or space shuttle and let's see how the Tacoma compares to that :thumbsup:

6. Sep 5, 2017 at 3:04 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Glad you like the new truck!

Products Discussed in

To Top