1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Smittybilt Fridge

Discussion in 'Recovery & Gear' started by timsp8, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Aug 22, 2020 at 5:21 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 [OP] Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    I sent an email to smittybilt, but wondered if anyone here would have any ideas. Here is my email:

I have a question about the smittybilt fridge. I’ve had one for a few months and only used it twice. The last trip I kept getting error 1 (battery protection cut out) at random times. I have the battery switch set at low, which I think means it should be good down to 10.8v. Every time I got the error, my battery was above 12.3v, sometimes it was 12.6/12.7. Some days it would run all night, and sometimes it would give the error after an hour. There were also times it would turn back on after the error and times I had to unplug it and plug it back in to turn it back on. Do you know what could cause it?

The only commonality I noticed was it would do it during the day when it was hot and in the sun. The fridge was under a truck cap and it was probably in the 80s. I had the window open to vent the heat from it. But it wasn’t giving an overheat error. Would a wire that’s too small and far from the battery cause it to not get enough voltage?

Products Discussed in

To Top