1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Slip yoke?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by partnersNgrime, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sep 16, 2020 at 7:51 AM
    partnersNgrime

partnersNgrime [OP] Boss Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicole
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    06 toyota tundra extended cab sr5
    Brush guard, running boards
    So my 06 toyota tundra has transmission issues. When I bought it 2 years ago, I noticed anytime I park on an incline it starts to hesitate when I go from stop to accelerate. It progressively gets worse and a lot of times I won't take turns across traffic like I normally would because it'll hesitate so much it takes a few for it to get in the right gear, {it's automatic}. After I top of the transmission fluid {which sucks ass because there's no dip stick and it's harder to do, then it'll drive right again. But I'm having to do this every few months or so. So my question is what is the name of the part I need to get that repaired? Slip yoke? Correct? I just need it sealed. And does anyone else have issues with their batteries always showing signs of corrosion? I've been thru 3 alone just this year. This newer one I spent more money on hoping it'd be worth it but now I'm seeing the corrosion residue of white on my terminals. I've had 2 batteries leak acid. I've even had to figure out why in the HELL after changing batteries and alternator why my truck wouldn't accelerate past 2,000 rpms. I've reset my throttle sensor and it was fine. But this has happened 3x now. This last incident I finally figured out that it was a blown fuse. Because I fried my ecu. Never had to flash my truck after I installed the used one I bought on ebay. Just soldered the new piece onto the old ecu on the part that was scorched.

received_848609235630211.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 24, 2020 at 10:51 AM
    GratefulDean

GratefulDean Swagless

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Rocky Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra SR5 TRD in Cement Grey
    Bed Rack, Decked System, Softopper
  3. Sep 24, 2020 at 10:55 AM
    SouthWestGA