1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show Your Custom fiberglass Work

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Danimal, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Jan 28, 2019 at 8:43 PM
    Danimal

Danimal [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2008 tundra limited
    After 3 years in Florida I still have no serious fishing and or diving friends. I guess that means I am a jerk. :)
    In reality all my new friends have to work so they have no time. The two with lots of time have no work/money and thus, when we do a trip to the keys, I have to pay their way so forget that. Anyway it can be a lot of gas and hard to dive the big boat solo so I modified a new 2018 wave runner into a one person dive boat. It tows for no extra fuel and no extra storage fees in the keys.
    The custom work and installs I have done are as follows:
    1. Installed LED running lights. These are not found on jet skies and are required to run legal at night.
    2. Built in fiberglass ice chest. This works to carry lunch and cold beer on the way out as well as lobsters and other catch on the way home. There is also an option to turn it into a live well that runs off the main jet drive.
    3. Built in Internal fiberglass storage unit for two 40 cubic foot scuba tanks.
    4. Saddle bag under ice-chest carries dive regulator (octo) and weigh belt.
    5. Left and Right side boxes. One with anchoring system (no photo yet).
    6. Full color HD 5" screen chirp sonar built into glove box. Range 1' to 2,500'
    7. Full color HD 5" chart plotter with all charts of Florida built into the glove box.
    8. Full 25 watt marine VHF 2 way black box radio with AIS and complete system control digital display/sound mic in glove box (no photo).
    9. Full color live under boat video is in the works.
    All electronics and wiring including sealed removable connectors are IPX7 waterproof.

ski1.jpg

The above photo shows the front seat modified to fit the custom all fiberglass (foam filled) storage unit on the back. Note the rear passenger seat is missing.

ski2.jpg

Here the above photo shows the two scuba tanks stored inside and the white rear running lights + stainless hinges.

ski3.jpg

The above image shows the latch on the custom fiberglass ice chest and the converted Yamaha saddle bag.

ski4.jpg

the above image shows the insulated ice chest opened. The lid fit is accurate enough that it keeps 20 pounds of ice frozen for 3 days.

ski5.jpg

the above image here shows the sonar/chart plotter inside the glove box. the prop stick has been eliminated. A radio + cellphone + beer holder as been added. You cannot tell any of this is in the wave runner when the stock door is closed. by the way, the glove box only fit the cell phone before the custom fiberglass work in the glove box

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    HappyGilmore likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top