1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scored fantastic rims today

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by ToyotaJim, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Jan 5, 2021 at 8:00 PM
    ToyotaJim

ToyotaJim [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    I have a great set of chrome winter 16" rims with mounted tires I intend to leave mounted. I think I have Blizzaks on them. I have a set of old ugly steel factory rims I had considered sanding down and painting but kept my eye out and today scored gorgeous takeoff rims from a 2005 Tacoma Prerunner.

95%+ condition, no major issues, minor cosmetic blemishes difficult to see up close. Original aluminum with bright finish, five spoke rims with an old-school center cap that says "Toyota." They look like they've lived in a garage for most of the last 15 years. I got the set for only FORTY DOLLARS and a short drive. I found them for sale online and they had been for sale for 10 weeks with no bites. The guy wanted $150, marked down to $100, and finally we agreed on $40... I'm keeping my eye out for deals on a nice set of summer tires...

I would add pictures but I cannot figure out how to. I went to the media, created an album, and tried repeatedly different ways to add a picture but no dice...

New Tundra rims off 2005 Tacoma Prerunner 16x7.jpg

Resized_20200522_194508.jpg

Darkness and tunyota like this.
  2. Jan 5, 2021 at 9:14 PM
    tunyota

tunyota Wrenching w/ the beautiful wife.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Phantom Gray 2006 Regular Cab Long Bed 4WD V8 4.7L
    Front Hitch Receiver, Bilstein 5100s, Denso 130A alternator, LED interior and exterior lighting, Kicker 46CSS674 Car Audio 6 3/4" Component Full Range Stereo Speakers, Pioneer AVHX2700BS w/Pioneer NDBC8 Backup Camera, Transcend Drivepro 550 Dual Lens Dash Camera, and much more!
    @ToyotaJim interested to see!

To upload a photo from your local desktop etc. select the grey button "Upload a File" option next to the "Post Reply" and/or "Reply to Thread" depending on which screen you are posting from.

ToyotaJim[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 5, 2021 at 9:21 PM
    ToyotaJim

ToyotaJim [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Got it, thanks. Two pictures. Current rims (old tires) on the truck. New rims that I bought today which will be used for summer tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top