1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Running board follies - DC confusions

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by raylo, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Feb 4, 2023 at 7:57 AM
    raylo

raylo [OP] not so new member

Member:
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 DC 6.5 bed Lunar Rock, TRD OR +Options
    None
    I ordered a set of GR RB20 slims for my DC. They came on schedule in 2 separate shipments, a set of the boards labeled "universal" in 80" length and a box with the brackets labeled 2022+ Tundra CrewMax. Say what? So, I called the vendor and made it clear (I thought) that I had a DC, my original order said DC, and what was delivered said CrewMax on the box. What she apparently heard was I ordered a set of boards for one version of a Tundra that was wrong so she set up a return and sent me the other version. What came was another set of boards labeled "universal" in 87" length (yikes), and a box of brackets labeled... you guessed it... CrewMax. Good grief.

Thinking about this some more I am guessing that the GoRhino bracket set may work with either CM or DC, but the vendor can't answer that question w/o their tech dept (which is closed) and that the original order was probably correct since those boards were shorter. And one would think if the bracket set really works with either cab GR should just label it 2022+ Tundra and not mention the cab type for god's sake. So now I have to send these back again. LOL.

In any case I just got a full refund and FedEx will come around and pick these up again. I am going to call GoRhino Monday when they open to get the real story. And then decide whether and where to re-order.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Leo's first likes this.
  2. Feb 4, 2023 at 1:32 PM
    Durtywrench

Durtywrench New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle:
    23 Tundra platinum
    None
    I went to Amazon for go rhino rb20slims and put them on my crew max only to realize they are shorter than the videos I’ve watched . I ordered crew max steps in bedliner coating and they were 80” universal steps in the textured black . I ran them for a minute only to dislike them so I ordered from Amazon again and once again I got the same wrong steps . I got a hold of a guy on this forum by the name @SantanaRealtruck and I ordered the normal width rb20s in bedliner coating at a phenomenal price . Two day shipping and bam here

7FB98203-B9E2-4834-8E32-126133D138E1.jpg

Leo's first likes this.
  3. Feb 4, 2023 at 1:40 PM
    4mm

4mm New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2015 Sequoia
    Those look amazing.

Durtywrench likes this.
  4. Feb 4, 2023 at 1:42 PM
    Durtywrench

Durtywrench New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle:
    23 Tundra platinum
    None
    Thank you ! I can’t say enough to get the bed liner coating . In my opinion way better . You can even see them in the 360 camera lol

F8445549-9765-4BA9-9D34-AA14040F9A13.jpg
    CF896461-826C-428F-8FED-DC19A38BD92A.jpg

5. Feb 4, 2023 at 4:12 PM
    TexasTacoma713

TexasTacoma713 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5
    80” is for DC
    87” is for Crewmax

The brackets are universal, but I believe the DC only uses 3 and CM uses all 4

6. Feb 4, 2023 at 4:33 PM
    raylo

raylo [OP] not so new member

Member:
    Frederick, MD
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 DC 6.5 bed Lunar Rock, TRD OR +Options
    None
    That's pretty much what I have surmised in this episode but the boxes the boards came in were actually labeled "universal" and the boxes the brackets came in were labeled specifically for the Tundra, which makes sense, except they also said "CrewMax". You are probably correct that the DC needs only 3 but the problem is that they shipped me the box labeled CrewMax and did not provide a note that this was correct except you only need to use 3 of them instead of all four. Simple stuff but the vendors need to get their act together on this and just let the customer know.

Products Discussed in

To Top