1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rubbing with BORA wheel spacers

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by erik_jm, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Feb 27, 2018 at 1:42 PM
    erik_jm

erik_jm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    '18 LED Headlights & Fog lights, Center console safe
    I've got a 2017 TRD Pro on a stock suspension with 295/70R-18 Ridge Grapplers. I just installed BORA 1.25" spacers on the front and have a rubbing issue. The outside edge of the tire rubs against the front inner wheel well liner. I'm planning to install the Coachbuilder shims and shackles. Can anyone with a similar set-up confirm if that will alleviate the rubbing issue?
    IMG_4665.jpg IMG_4668.jpg T+UcrjYeSb2GYS+IUh2mkg.jpg

2. Feb 27, 2018 at 1:54 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    There is a mod for that. I’ve been searching trying to find it for you but all I can find is people talking about it. I know there’s a write up around here somewhere. You unbolt the front part of the fender liner and fasten it in a new location further away from the tire.

3. Feb 27, 2018 at 1:58 PM
    Muleycrazy13

Muleycrazy13 New Member

Member:
    Buckeye, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD 4x4 Crewmax
    Toyota spray in bed liner/ 30" LED Lightbar/ Pro Comp Pro Runner SS @ 2.5"/ Husky Xact fronts/ Weathertech rear/ NFAB steps/ 275/70R18 BFG KO2's/ LED interior from GTR lighting/ Tekonsha Prodigy Trailer brake Controller
    I have +20 offset wheels that I just installed 295/70r18 tires on and I had to trim my front wheel liner. I ended up crawling under it and unbolting it and drilling a new hole in the liner and pushing it forward and using the new hole I drilled as my bolt hole with the existing hole on the metal bumper piece. That way the new hole I drilled held the liner further away from the tire. I still had rubbing so I ended up just cutting about a 1 inch wide gap out of the liner where the bent edge is. My tires seemed to just hit that rounded edge so I just cut it out and now I have zero rubbing hope what I said makes sense

15whtrd likes this.
  4. Feb 27, 2018 at 2:06 PM
    Troysbama

Troysbama New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    18' White Tundra Plat CM
    6" DirtyDeeds exhaust TRD Front and Rear Swaybars (5.5" front lift and 4" rear lift) Maxtrac Spindle lift 2.5 Fox IFPs up front and 2.0 Fox for the rear +3 Coachbuilder Shackles, bushing, carrier bearing drop kit Dakar leaf springs Coachbuilder steering links FRAC harness Cheap Ebay Rivet fender flares (I really like) 33x12.5x20 Cooper ST Maxx that I'll be updating to 35s when they wear out 20x9" Fuel Boost wheels 1.25" spacers for rear wheels
    In addition to what they said, shims and shackles won't likely fix your rubbing issue.

TheBeast likes this.
  5. Feb 27, 2018 at 2:11 PM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Hey Erik, I don't have a Pro but have the same tire and size, along with 1.25 Spyder Trak Spacers . I'm on 6112's at top setting, around 2.5 " . I know the Pro's are @ 2". I'm rubbing @ full lock on my little mud flap. Not enough for me to worry about, but you can try taking a heat gun and heating area and pushing it in. Don't know if the Pro's have that little flap you could remove. Good luck

15whtrd likes this.
  6. Feb 27, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    erik_jm

erik_jm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    Ok, thanks

7. Feb 27, 2018 at 2:54 PM
    erik_jm

erik_jm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    I removed the little front flap when I put the tires on. Thanks for the info

8. Feb 28, 2018 at 4:38 PM
    scpete24

scpete24 Duuuuuuude

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Pro Super White
    There are a bunch of guys on here running that size tie on a pro with shims and shackles that do not rub. I have 2 shims and +3 shackles. I also have 1.25" spidertrax. Haven't upgraded tires yet but plan on running the same size as you and am not really concerned.

Can't give you a definitive answer based on my set-up, but I can tell you from what I've read I am not worried about rubbing. You can also avoid some rubbing with the right alignment specs.

erik_jm[OP] and 15whtrd like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top