1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ridge Grappler Siping

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by millerstone, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Oct 20, 2017 at 8:48 AM
    millerstone

millerstone [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro DC Cement
    Hi guys, quick question. I'm looking to get some new tires and have narrowed it down to the Falken Wildpeak AT3W, BFG KO2 and the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I live in Utah and want full depth siping for wet/winter driving once the tires are worn a bit.

I know the Wildpeak and KO2 have full depth siping but do the Ridge Grapplers? Can't find anything online.

Thanks!

2. Oct 20, 2017 at 9:17 AM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Couldn't find much on it either. All I've seen is from this F150 forum (post #20). He notes that these do not have full depth siping. FWIW https://www.f150forum.com/f38/cooper-st-maxx-nitto-ridge-grappler-375952/index2/

I learned something new today about tires. Thanks for posting this question. And happy I made a good decision and put KO2 on mine.

Let us know if you find anything else on these as a I'm sure at some point someone else might ask.

millerstone[OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 20, 2017 at 10:56 AM
    millerstone

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro DC Cement

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be going with the KO2s as well. I'm a bit worried about their wet performance as some people have some gripes, how are they treating you? I'm probably overthinking this way too much.

4. Oct 20, 2017 at 11:00 AM
    TXMiamiFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    UT is similar to CO. Snows, then melts away. I have never had issues with KOs, even in my Taco. Handle great in snow, no matter the depth (even though sometimes I kick in 4X4 to be safe). Not much rain over here as you know, but when it does rain, no hydroplanning when hitting deep spots in on the interstate.

5. Oct 24, 2017 at 11:38 AM
    TXMiamiFan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    Tried to send an e-mail to tirerack.com and ask about this, but they won't tell me on e-mail and prefer a phone call. You can call 1-800-428-8355 extension 4644. His name is Reggie.

millerstone[OP] likes this.
  6. Oct 24, 2017 at 12:32 PM
    millerstone

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro DC Cement
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to go with the KO2s but I'll still give him a call at some point this week out of curiosity.

TXMiamiFan[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Oct 24, 2017 at 12:48 PM
    BOBONTUESDAY

BOBONTUESDAY Grocery Getter

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited Trd
    I'm running ko2s as well and they got me through the mild winter we had here in mn fine. Plus the non plowed places I had to go through all year. Pushing about 54k on them so far comming up for new tires soon. But I don't feel like being the guinea pig that runs ridge grapplers this winter.

Products Discussed in

To Top