1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Suspension Setup for added weight

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Zero One Actual, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Apr 15, 2019 at 7:56 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual [OP] Member among Members

Member:
    Hello. I have a 2019 Crewmax 4x4. I am getting ready to do the Tundras.com standard setup.
    Bilstein 6112 at 1.9 setting. Bilstein 5160 in the rear with Coachbuilder +3's w CB drop kit. Front Bump stop kit, poly bushing kit for rear and 2 shims driver, 1 shim passenger side. Waiting on SCS Ray 10's (who isn't?) and probably 285/70R18 Nitto RG's.

Additionally, I will have a Decked storage system and a Leitner Rack with two storage pods (small) and some rotopax and mounts. The Decked system is listed at somewhere between 200-250lbs and the Leitner rack with add-ons will be around an estimated 65-75lbs dry (no gas/water added). @DECKEDUSA ,

My question is about the rear setup. With the added weight of the rack and decked system, will the 5160's and CB +3's be enough or should I look at a different rear shock or at adding an Icon add a leaf or some other option that the experts (aka all of you) know about? @Icon_Adrian, @Coachbuilder1, @ITOWJKS

Thank you for double checking my work.

2. Apr 15, 2019 at 8:30 AM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    I would look at adding a new leaf pack if that’s the case. You can build a few different ways. I know icons pack can be adjusted 3 ways. Other companies will build you what you want.

Zero One Actual[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 15, 2019 at 9:34 AM
    Zero One Actual

Member:
    Just got off phone with Icon and they stated that their RXT leaf spring kit would be perfect for the additional weight of the Leitner rack and decked system plus whatever is in them. They also said the leaf spring kit will work with any rear shock that provides three inches of lift, so now does that mean I need to scrap the Bilstein 5160's and go to a toytec rear shock?

RXT leaf spring kit: http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...ta-tundra-multi-rate-rxt-leaf-spring-kit.html

Toytec shocks:

4. Apr 15, 2019 at 9:37 AM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    Or get the icon 56506 rear shocks when you order the leaf pack.

5. Apr 15, 2019 at 4:04 PM
    Zero One Actual

Member:
    What about doing the Bilstein 6112 at 1.9 and 5160s in the back and some airlift bags in the rear to accommodate the weight on the Leitner system and in the decked system? I will not have the weight on the system the majority of the time. Only for longer excursions. I feel as if the leaf packs might be overkill for my usage of daily driving on the road whereas the airbags are ready when I need them or not. Anyone have any ideas or knowledge of leafs or bags?

Products Discussed in

To Top