1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Radio malfunction

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Richburg23, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Jan 14, 2018 at 6:49 PM
    Richburg23

Richburg23 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Vehicle:
    12 black TRD SR5
    Does anyone had an issue with their radio just going black and just being completely unresponsive? The only thing that is working is Bluetooth but my screen and controls aren’t doing anything.

2. Jan 14, 2018 at 6:49 PM
    COMiamiFan

COMiamiFan Now you know something

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Parker, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    No sir.

3. Jan 14, 2018 at 6:53 PM
    ubserved

ubserved New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toytota Tundra Platinum Crewmax
    Grillguard, front LED light bar, Leer Tonneau cover, rear LED bars
    I've had some similar issues with the usb port and the xm radio, the dealership is a joke. They are pointing their finger at XM and XM is pointing the finger at Toyota and I am left holding the bag in the middle. I am currently looking at a new aftermarket stereo/gps unit to replace it with. So far I am leaning towards the Kenwood being the GPS software is Garmin. Sad part is on a $51k truck, I shouldn't have to. I should have stayed with Chevy. Yes I know I am going to get some backlash for that belief, next truck will be.

Richburg23 [OP] likes this.
  4. May 8, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    Beto

Beto New Member

Member:
    I have major problems with mine since I bought my truck in 2016. They replaced it twice after doing several updates each time but they wouldn' replace it the third time. Now the warranty has expired so they want to charge me for a problem that was never fixed. They blamed it on my cell phone, saying that it was incompatible and was causing the problems, but the problems happened no matter what brand of phone and even when there was no phone connected. Problems include
    1. Randomly rebooting over and over again.
    2. Erasing destination on navigation while reroute, and of course you cannot reenter the address unless you come to a complete stop
    3. If you are listening to an HD radio station it skips the audio back and forth as if listening to a scratched CD
    4. During phone calls, it will sometimes make a loud buzzing sound, almost like an alarm/horn, then dropped the call and reboot.
    5. Voice command never works properly, ever
    Very frustrated, very dissatisfied

Products Discussed in

To Top