1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick question for year end CM Limited and garage fit

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by cmp1960, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Dec 22, 2016 at 7:23 AM
    cmp1960

cmp1960 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Newbie. Two questions.

1) I'm looking at a new 2017 2WD Crewmax LTD, Black/Black, Remote, LTD Upgrade Package, sprayin bed, Oval chrome step, cargo light, exhaust tip. Looking to take advantage of year end deals. What would be a good price on this configuration? I'm using Edmunds TMV as a guide and it does indeed comprehend a year end rebate, but just don't want to make a mistake. Apologies in advance if discussing prices is forbidden.

2)Bigger question. I measured my garage and I think it's a little small. 19'6" to be precise. Anyone have a Crewmax with a std garage of this length. I'm thinking it will fit backed in, with driver side exposed to the middle, the entry to my house is a few inches offset to that side and I think the rear bumper would not impede entry.

Thank you.

2. Dec 22, 2016 at 7:31 AM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    hah... ya, the garage fit. I had the same concern about fitting my truck in my garage. My garage is right at 20 feet so the truck fits with several inches to spare. You are correct, backing in is the best way to do it. This allows you to use your mirrors and backup camera to carefully maneuver the tight spot. according to toyota's website, the CM tundra is 228.9 inches or 19.075 feet. so you should be able to fit the truck in your garage, but I bet it will be close. I suspect that you might need to touch the rear bumper against the wall :)

hell, even if the truck doesn't fit in your garage, get it anyway. the tundra is so awesome :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    NewImprovedRon likes this.
  3. Dec 22, 2016 at 7:35 AM
    GoHuskers

GoHuskers New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lam
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    '16 Limited CM 5.7L 4x4, '15 GX460 premium
    I would say NO....Too close. Like NetMonkey said the overall length of the CM is 228.9 (19.1') so having couple inches of clearance for Front and Rear is TOUGH....

Can you park it outside?

4. Dec 22, 2016 at 7:46 AM
    Netmonkey

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    well... a tenth of an inch is 1.2 inches. so that's 19 feet 1.2 inches. if he has 19 feet 6 inches, he should be able to fit it in the garage, but it will be close :)

5. Dec 22, 2016 at 7:49 AM
    Netmonkey

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    about your first question... I am going to guess here, but I bet the MSRP would be around $46k. in my experience, Toyota is really stingy on rebates or specials. if you could get that truck for under $40k, I think that would be a deal.

EDIT:
    ohh... also.. aren't the year end deals for the current year? for the 2016's and not the 2017's?

Products Discussed in

To Top