1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possible Speed Sensor Issue

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by cerbb64, May 18, 2022.

1. May 18, 2022 at 10:22 AM
    cerbb64

cerbb64 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra 4x4 Crew Max
    6” Pro Comp Lift
    New to this forum so I’ll try and be detailed.

2011 Tundra 4x4 Crew Max
    93000 miles
    6” Pro Comp Lift
    Nitto Grap Tires

Sunday night I noticed my Trac and ABS where on (static) and my 4HI was blinking. I was driving the truck heading home and notice them come on 30 min into the drive after I ran over some RR tracks. I stopped and double checked everything and everything felt okay. Did some research and found out it’s most like the speed sensor. Did a diagnostic check and C 0200 came up for front right SS.

So I’ve ordered the part and waiting for it to arrive. Weird thing is, 3 days later I’m getting a thumping noise under the driver side floor board. I do not have any shaking, or pull in the steering wheel and I can hear a scratching sound coming from the right tire as well.

Im hoping it’s not the bearing because I replaced the bearings 2 years ago, replaced all brakes and tires 2 months ago. I put it on a lift and 12/6 checked the tire for any wiggle and nothing. I understand that things wear out, esp on my truck, but 2 years for bearing will be rough.

Apologize for the long post but wondering if the speed sensor could cause other malfunctions to the truck other than the normal ADS stuff?

Products Discussed in

To Top