1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I don't want a cab leak. Back glass rubber corner detached

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by ArdnuT trd, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Sep 27, 2021 at 1:01 PM
    ArdnuT trd

ArdnuT trd [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra MGM TRD 4x4 CM limited
    hey guys I did a pro grill swap on my 21 mgm I bought everything from the dealer but the garnish piece although clipped in wiggles like its loose is there some way to tighten it? Did I get a bad grille or garnish. I went up to it and tried to move the garnish on a 21 lunar rock and it feels definitely more secure. I just don't want this garnish popping off because it is pretty pricey.

And lastly the back bottom corner square shaped window rubber piece has torn free in a corner. I don't want a cab leak. Is this a warranty item? Hate to have to replace it with it being so new.

Thank you guys for your help.

2. Sep 27, 2021 at 2:12 PM
    JDR76

JDR76 New Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 1794 TRD OFF ROAD
    It was the same for me with my grille swap. The garnish snapped in but wiggled considerably. I actually put a bit of adhesive in behind it and now it's solid.

Is it possible for you to post a picture of your window issue? If it's what I am thinking it is, then I would say yes your dealer ought to be able to fix it under warranty.

3. Sep 27, 2021 at 11:37 PM
    OnespeedTRD

OnespeedTRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited TRD Off-Road
    275/70r18 Cooper AT3 XLT on SCS Ray 10s, Eibach Coilovers, DD 12" Exhaust, AJT Blackout Kit, Truxedo Pro X15, paint match/chrome delete.
    With a 2021 truck I'd be at the dealer getting both of those items addressed... under warranty.

4. Oct 12, 2021 at 5:02 PM
    ArdnuT trd

ArdnuT trd [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra MGM TRD 4x4 CM limited

Yeah I'll post a pic were you aware the pro grille actually requires two retention washers that a lot of how to's and videos fail to mention? I have the part number if you need it

Products Discussed in

To Top